Jan 4, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the Knicks’ win over the Spurs on Thursday, and whether it was New York’s dominance or San Antonio’s fatigue that was ultimately responsible for that result.
We take a look at the latest All-Star voting returns, and wonder if guys like Dwight Howard and Kevin Garnett deserve to be there given their respective performances to this pont in the season. And, with Jeremy Lin just 46,000 votes or so behind Chris Paul for a starting spot in the West, we wonder if the league should be less than honest with its results in the event that Lin gains enough votes to send Paul to the bench.
All that plus a preview of Friday night’s big game between the Lakers and the Clippers, but not before a conversation with Howard Beck of the New York Times to get an update on the Brooklyn Nets, and where they’re at in terms of actively searching for a new head coach.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 15
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 19
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 15
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury