Jan 4, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the Knicks’ win over the Spurs on Thursday, and whether it was New York’s dominance or San Antonio’s fatigue that was ultimately responsible for that result.
We take a look at the latest All-Star voting returns, and wonder if guys like Dwight Howard and Kevin Garnett deserve to be there given their respective performances to this pont in the season. And, with Jeremy Lin just 46,000 votes or so behind Chris Paul for a starting spot in the West, we wonder if the league should be less than honest with its results in the event that Lin gains enough votes to send Paul to the bench.
All that plus a preview of Friday night’s big game between the Lakers and the Clippers, but not before a conversation with Howard Beck of the New York Times to get an update on the Brooklyn Nets, and where they’re at in terms of actively searching for a new head coach.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6