Jan 4, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
And the winner for “Most Entertaining Mentions” goes to…
It’s official — Kobe Bryant has joined twitter.
The antisocial has become social #mambatweets
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) January 4, 2013
We’re saying this is official because twitter has verified it as so — you know you’ve got pull when you have one tweet and your twitter account is officially verified.
Kobe took over the Nike twitter account a couple weeks ago and apparently that gave him a taste for very short answers. Actually, he already had that taste, he just decided to jump in again.
Kobe has people who handle his Web site and his Facebook page is generally filled with pretty bland updates — just like yours, don’t go slamming him for that. I’m not expecting much of real interest out of this. But I’m looking forward to the Dwight Howard/Kobe conversations on twitter.
But as my man here at PBT Brett Pollakoff first reacted, mentions for one of the most polarizing figures in the NBA should be an entertaining read. For us. He may want to stay away from them.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36