Jan 4, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
And the winner for “Most Entertaining Mentions” goes to…
It’s official — Kobe Bryant has joined twitter.
The antisocial has become social #mambatweets
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) January 4, 2013
We’re saying this is official because twitter has verified it as so — you know you’ve got pull when you have one tweet and your twitter account is officially verified.
Kobe took over the Nike twitter account a couple weeks ago and apparently that gave him a taste for very short answers. Actually, he already had that taste, he just decided to jump in again.
Kobe has people who handle his Web site and his Facebook page is generally filled with pretty bland updates — just like yours, don’t go slamming him for that. I’m not expecting much of real interest out of this. But I’m looking forward to the Dwight Howard/Kobe conversations on twitter.
But as my man here at PBT Brett Pollakoff first reacted, mentions for one of the most polarizing figures in the NBA should be an entertaining read. For us. He may want to stay away from them.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8