Jan 4, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
And the winner for “Most Entertaining Mentions” goes to…
It’s official — Kobe Bryant has joined twitter.
The antisocial has become social #mambatweets
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) January 4, 2013
We’re saying this is official because twitter has verified it as so — you know you’ve got pull when you have one tweet and your twitter account is officially verified.
Kobe took over the Nike twitter account a couple weeks ago and apparently that gave him a taste for very short answers. Actually, he already had that taste, he just decided to jump in again.
Kobe has people who handle his Web site and his Facebook page is generally filled with pretty bland updates — just like yours, don’t go slamming him for that. I’m not expecting much of real interest out of this. But I’m looking forward to the Dwight Howard/Kobe conversations on twitter.
But as my man here at PBT Brett Pollakoff first reacted, mentions for one of the most polarizing figures in the NBA should be an entertaining read. For us. He may want to stay away from them.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 24
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 4
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 59
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6