Jan 4, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
And the winner for “Most Entertaining Mentions” goes to…
It’s official — Kobe Bryant has joined twitter.
The antisocial has become social #mambatweets
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) January 4, 2013
We’re saying this is official because twitter has verified it as so — you know you’ve got pull when you have one tweet and your twitter account is officially verified.
Kobe took over the Nike twitter account a couple weeks ago and apparently that gave him a taste for very short answers. Actually, he already had that taste, he just decided to jump in again.
Kobe has people who handle his Web site and his Facebook page is generally filled with pretty bland updates — just like yours, don’t go slamming him for that. I’m not expecting much of real interest out of this. But I’m looking forward to the Dwight Howard/Kobe conversations on twitter.
But as my man here at PBT Brett Pollakoff first reacted, mentions for one of the most polarizing figures in the NBA should be an entertaining read. For us. He may want to stay away from them.
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 0
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 9
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 8
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)