Kobe Bryant has joined the twitterverse. That should be fun.

Jan 4, 2013, 1:00 PM EST

Portland Trail Blazers v Los Angeles Lakers Getty Images

And the winner for “Most Entertaining Mentions” goes to…

It’s official — Kobe Bryant has joined twitter.

We’re saying this is official because twitter has verified it as so — you know you’ve got pull when you have one tweet and your twitter account is officially verified.

Kobe took over the Nike twitter account a couple weeks ago and apparently that gave him a taste for very short answers. Actually, he already had that taste, he just decided to jump in again.

Kobe has people who handle his Web site and his Facebook page is generally filled with pretty bland updates — just like yours, don’t go slamming him for that. I’m not expecting much of real interest out of this. But I’m looking forward to the Dwight Howard/Kobe conversations on twitter.

But as my man here at PBT Brett Pollakoff first reacted, mentions for one of the most polarizing figures in the NBA should be an entertaining read. For us. He may want to stay away from them.

1. gatordontplay - Jan 4, 2013 at 1:23 PM

did kobe get the black mamba nickname before or after the denver incident?

• ron05342 - Jan 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Hater.

That’s all.

• skids003 - Jan 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Hilarious. Now that the Great One has decided to tweet his every thought to his mindless drones, I’m sure they’ll be hanging on his every thought.

• michaeljordanseviltwin - Jan 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM

after. That’s what made it so funny.

2. shanbhu - Jan 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM

It def has to be after lol

3. basketballhooper1 - Jan 4, 2013 at 2:59 PM

“Kobe has people who handle his Web site and his Facebook page is generally filled with pretty bland updates…”

What? That’s not true at all. He gives very long and quite insightful updates onto almost anything that happens (Bynum being traded, Mike Brown fired, Newtown shooting, etc).

Here is the one after Mike Brown getting fired.

“Tough day. I’ve seen coaches as well as friends come and go. No matter how many years I’ve been playing, it’s still hard to deal with. I had a good relationship with Mike and I will continue to have one. I wish him and his family nothing but the best. I spoke with him today and thanked him for all of his hard work and sacrifice.

As a team, we must focus our energy on tonight’s game. We must block out the weight of today’s news and simply do our jobs to the best of our ability.

I’m not sure what direction we are heading in next. All I can do is focus on the here and now.
    Mamba out”

4. Distinguished Male - Jan 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM

You know, I’ve really come around on Kobe in his later years. Always respected him, but didn’t like him.

Seeing his facebook posts around the internet, getting snippets of his sense of humor and intelligence, and seeing how motivated he really is (along with his inspiring posts), all those things have made me grow to like the guy.

Everyone be happy for the now, because this guy won’t be playing forever.

5. paulhargis53 - Jan 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I’m going to have to follow Kobe just to see bozo/lakerluver desperately try to get a retweet or Kobe to respond to him.

6. dko83 - Jan 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Should be an interesting feed. “I alienated more teammates today with my God complex..”
    “She said she was 18..”
    “Dropped another 40 tonight, too bad we lost.”

• ron05342 - Jan 5, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Your twitter should be an interesting feed also:

“I obsess with Kobe-hate 24/7.”
      “God how I hate that Kobe person.”
      “Kobe-hate is my life. God how I hate how my life has turned out.”
      “I have trouble when I go out on dates. Maybe my dates get scared of me because all I talk about is how I hate Kobe so much.”
      “Mommy, can you please read me a bedtime story? But please, not about that mean Kobe person.”

7. 00maltliquor - Jan 5, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Nooooo Kobe….whyyyy?

Twitter, Facebook, Myspace…boooooo to that buncha crap.

8. 32magicman - Jan 5, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Kobe…… Your new signature sneakers are truly ugly. Mamba off!

Can Rockets, Grizzlies keep up hot starts?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches