Jan 4, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
The Rockets wanted to save some money and free up roster space. The Bulls still need more three-point shooting.
So Daequan Cook is changing teams.
The Rockets put Cook on waivers to dump a non-guaranteed contract but no team claimed him and at his $3.1 million salary. But he cleared waivers and within an hour his agent was telling Marc Stein of ESPN that Cook would sign with the Bulls. It didn’t take long.
Mike Conley Sr., agent for Daequan Cook, makes it official and says Cook is indeed signing with Bulls now that he’s cleared waivers as 5 PM
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) January 4, 2013
Cook is a three point shooting specialist — more than half his attempts this season and 4 of his 5.2 shots per game last season in Oklahoma City were threes. He’s hitting 36.7 percent from beyond the arc this season, up from 34.6 percent last season but well off the 42.2 percent of a couple years ago.
Maybe with the Bulls, especially once Derrick Rose returns to drive and dish, Cook can find a place to thrive.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 1
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 2
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 14
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings