Jan 4, 2013, 6:26 PM EST
The Rockets wanted to save some money and free up roster space. The Bulls still need more three-point shooting.
So Daequan Cook is changing teams.
The Rockets put Cook on waivers to dump a non-guaranteed contract but no team claimed him and at his $3.1 million salary. But he cleared waivers and within an hour his agent was telling Marc Stein of ESPN that Cook would sign with the Bulls. It didn’t take long.
Mike Conley Sr., agent for Daequan Cook, makes it official and says Cook is indeed signing with Bulls now that he’s cleared waivers as 5 PM
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) January 4, 2013
Cook is a three point shooting specialist — more than half his attempts this season and 4 of his 5.2 shots per game last season in Oklahoma City were threes. He’s hitting 36.7 percent from beyond the arc this season, up from 34.6 percent last season but well off the 42.2 percent of a couple years ago.
Maybe with the Bulls, especially once Derrick Rose returns to drive and dish, Cook can find a place to thrive.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7