Jan 4, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
The most surprising thing about this video, which shows Andray Blatche checking in during the first quarter in Washington for the first time as a member of the Brooklyn Nets, is the fact that the broadcaster reminds us that Blatche played for the Wizards for seven (!) seasons.
Blatche was known for whatever the opposite of effort is during his time in DC, and made some of the least intelligent basketball decisions on the court at the professional level that you would ever hope to see.
As a result, and as expected, Blatche was booed heartily by the few fans in attendance when he entered the game, but strangely, was cheered by most when he scored on his first shot attempt.
Abusive relationships aren’t easy to get out of, and Wizards fans who actually would cheer anything Blatche does with another team clearly have not yet gotten over the scarring of the Blatche years in Washington.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 12
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 5
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 37
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 29
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22