Jan 3, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Even Amir Johnson thought this was funny. Notice how he is laughing as he runs back down the court. Of course, the Trail Blazers didn’t find it as amusing.
Watch the video again — Toronto’s Johnson gets the ball out 21 feet from the rim and dribbles to the elbow extended and picks up his dribble. J.J. Hickson does the right thing defensively and backs off Johnson, who can’t hit that midrange jumper. Nobody comes open for Johnson on the cuts, so pump fakes then puts the ball back down on the floor and drives at Hickson and puts a little six-foot jump floater in over him. Then runs down the court laughing. All three refs missed one you wouldn’t get away with in junior high.
Not sure how the refs missed it. Maybe they were stunned by Johnson’s hair.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4