Jan 3, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Even Amir Johnson thought this was funny. Notice how he is laughing as he runs back down the court. Of course, the Trail Blazers didn’t find it as amusing.
Watch the video again — Toronto’s Johnson gets the ball out 21 feet from the rim and dribbles to the elbow extended and picks up his dribble. J.J. Hickson does the right thing defensively and backs off Johnson, who can’t hit that midrange jumper. Nobody comes open for Johnson on the cuts, so pump fakes then puts the ball back down on the floor and drives at Hickson and puts a little six-foot jump floater in over him. Then runs down the court laughing. All three refs missed one you wouldn’t get away with in junior high.
Not sure how the refs missed it. Maybe they were stunned by Johnson’s hair.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25