Jan 3, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Even Amir Johnson thought this was funny. Notice how he is laughing as he runs back down the court. Of course, the Trail Blazers didn’t find it as amusing.
Watch the video again — Toronto’s Johnson gets the ball out 21 feet from the rim and dribbles to the elbow extended and picks up his dribble. J.J. Hickson does the right thing defensively and backs off Johnson, who can’t hit that midrange jumper. Nobody comes open for Johnson on the cuts, so pump fakes then puts the ball back down on the floor and drives at Hickson and puts a little six-foot jump floater in over him. Then runs down the court laughing. All three refs missed one you wouldn’t get away with in junior high.
Not sure how the refs missed it. Maybe they were stunned by Johnson’s hair.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 12
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 13
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 7
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay