Jan 3, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Even Amir Johnson thought this was funny. Notice how he is laughing as he runs back down the court. Of course, the Trail Blazers didn’t find it as amusing.
Watch the video again — Toronto’s Johnson gets the ball out 21 feet from the rim and dribbles to the elbow extended and picks up his dribble. J.J. Hickson does the right thing defensively and backs off Johnson, who can’t hit that midrange jumper. Nobody comes open for Johnson on the cuts, so pump fakes then puts the ball back down on the floor and drives at Hickson and puts a little six-foot jump floater in over him. Then runs down the court laughing. All three refs missed one you wouldn’t get away with in junior high.
Not sure how the refs missed it. Maybe they were stunned by Johnson’s hair.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21