Jan 3, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Even Amir Johnson thought this was funny. Notice how he is laughing as he runs back down the court. Of course, the Trail Blazers didn’t find it as amusing.
Watch the video again — Toronto’s Johnson gets the ball out 21 feet from the rim and dribbles to the elbow extended and picks up his dribble. J.J. Hickson does the right thing defensively and backs off Johnson, who can’t hit that midrange jumper. Nobody comes open for Johnson on the cuts, so pump fakes then puts the ball back down on the floor and drives at Hickson and puts a little six-foot jump floater in over him. Then runs down the court laughing. All three refs missed one you wouldn’t get away with in junior high.
Not sure how the refs missed it. Maybe they were stunned by Johnson’s hair.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 0
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 35
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 14
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3