Jan 3, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
Apparently, you folks have no concern whatsoever for Charles Barkley’s feelings.
The day after Barkley said Dwight Howard and Kevin Garnett have not played well enough to be part of the All-Star starters, they are both in. Howard solidly, he’s a lock, and Garnett has stretched out his lead over Chris Bosh.
Basically, nothing has really changed since last time we reported the results, including Kobe Bryant remaining the top overall vote getter. Fans get to vote in the starting five in each conference for the All-Star Game is Feb. 17 in Houston. These lineups look pretty locked in and they are:
There are only two races that really could change and neither looks likely. As noted above Bosh is within striking distance of Garnett at just under 28,000 votes behind (that’s a lot to make up but not impossible). In the West, Jeremy Lin remains about 46,000 votes back of Chris Paul for the second starting spot in the backcourt. With just more than a week left of voting any change in the starters is unlikely. There has been some movement farther down on the lists, but the focus is starting to turn to who the coaches will bring in and what players will come down with sudden ailments that will keep them out of the game.
Voting is open online or at games through Jan. 14, with the fan votes choosing the starters and the rest of the team filled in by votes from team coaches. Here is where the voting stands as of now:
1. LeBron James (Mia) 1,151,304
2. Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 1,054,099
3. Kevin Garnett (Bos) 390,751
4. Chris Bosh (Mia) 362,973
5. Tyson Chandler (NYK) 315,752
6. Paul Pierce (Bos) 205,096
7. Joakim Noah (Chi) 158,743
8. Josh Smith (Atl) 131,508
9. Anderson Varejao (Cle) 116,166
10. Shane Battier (NYK) 107,190
1. Dwyane Wade (Mia) 765,077
2. Rajon Rondo (Bos) 675,822
3. Deron Williams (BKN) 350,618
4. Kyrie Irving (Cle) 308,878
5. Ray Allen (Mia) 232,441
6. Monta Ellis (Mil) 84,609
7. Raymond Felton (NYK) 77,123
8. Jrue Holiday (Phi) 66,514
9. Jason Terry (Bos) 62,189
10. Brandon Jennings (Mil) 56,826
1. Kevin Durant (OKC) 1,088,797
2. Dwight Howard (LAL) 716,671
3. Blake Griffin (LAC) 593,024
4. Tim Duncan (SA) 352,534
5. Pau Gasol (LAL) 239,440
6. Kevin Love (Min) 221,291
7. Omer Asik (Hou) 160,935
8. Rudy Gay (Mem) 140,864
9. Serge Ibaka (OKC) 134,172
10. Marc Gasol (Mem) 114,465
1. Kobe Bryant (LAL) 1,177,456
2. Chris Paul (LAC) 651,893
3. Jeremy Lin (Hou) 605,624
4. James Harden (Hou) 337,585
5. Russell Westbrook (OKC) 268,558
6. Steve Nash (LAL) 202,274
7. Tony Parker (SA) 128,966
8. Ricky Rubio (Min) 112,352
9. Stephen Curry (GS) 97,761
10. Manu Ginobili (SA) 84,564
Sep 3, 2015, 1:23 PM EDT
Former Knick and Raptor had hip surgery
Sep 3, 2015, 12:28 PM EDT
Nets are reportedly valued at $700 million
Report: J.R. Smith’s contract has less guaranteed money over two years than player option would’ve presented over one
Sep 3, 2015, 11:28 AM EDT
Smith’s deal full of incentives
Sep 3, 2015, 10:29 AM EDT
Thompson reportedly waiting for a max contract
Sep 3, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Memphis mum on when rookie will return
Sep 3, 2015, 8:32 AM EDT
Will he and Rick Carlisle get along?
Sep 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
He will be remembered as a Celtic, but Los Angeles is his hometown.
Sep 3, 2015, 12:10 AM EDT
These are just classic.
Sep 2, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
He’s making $1.5 million less than if he opted in this season, but he does have another year.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
With the additions to the Celtics’ roster, this is the smart play.
Sep 2, 2015, 8:31 PM EDT
He could be back on the court around Thanksgiving, if a team picks him up.
Sep 2, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
It’s not unreasonable.
Sep 2, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
Don’t bring a loaded Glock to an airport, people. It’s pretty much common sense.
Sep 2, 2015, 5:38 PM EDT
Expect the Mavericks to be cautious with his return.
Sep 2, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT
Best ever little guy? Calvin Murphy is in the HOF, so he’s the man.
Sep 2, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
It won’t be called Seagull Kneivel
Sep 2, 2015, 3:14 PM EDT
Advanced stats aren’t always the answer
Sep 2, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
If only I could get people to run up to fist bump me while I walk…
Sep 2, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
I’m not optimistic, but at least they appear to be trying
Sep 2, 2015, 12:23 PM EDT
Point guard reportedly working out in Philadelphia
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 43
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4