Jan 3, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Say what you will about Kobe Bryant, but he might be the best interview in all of sports. He’s candid, he doesn’t bite his tongue, and he rejects stupid questions like he was Dikembe Mutombo. Every interview with him is like a Gregg Popovich sideline interview, only a little bit longer and slightly more terrifying.
With a big showdown looming at Staples Center between the Clippers and the Lakers this Friday, Kobe Bryant held court after practice today and was asked about the Clippers being the new Showtime and their chances of winning a title, Chris Paul‘s impact, and his personal frustrations this year. Hat tip to the fine folks at the Los Angeles Times for the video:
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 3
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 24
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6