Jan 3, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
I fear that Knicks guard J.R. Smith may have an addiction to dunking. The warning signs have been there, but one particular play in a blowout win against the Spurs kind of confirmed it for me.
Knicks backup point guard Pablo Prigioni just wants to throw Smith a regular pass off a backdoor cut. Textbook. Something J.R. could easily catch and convert on the other side of the rim for a nice, simple layup.
But J.R. Smith cares not for Prigioni’s desires, because when a dunker goes backdoor, he wants to throw it down.
Check out Smith turn a pass that was about hip-high into one of the weirdest (but coolest) alley-oop connections you’ll see this season:
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 32
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 52
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8