Jan 3, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
I fear that Knicks guard J.R. Smith may have an addiction to dunking. The warning signs have been there, but one particular play in a blowout win against the Spurs kind of confirmed it for me.
Knicks backup point guard Pablo Prigioni just wants to throw Smith a regular pass off a backdoor cut. Textbook. Something J.R. could easily catch and convert on the other side of the rim for a nice, simple layup.
But J.R. Smith cares not for Prigioni’s desires, because when a dunker goes backdoor, he wants to throw it down.
Check out Smith turn a pass that was about hip-high into one of the weirdest (but coolest) alley-oop connections you’ll see this season:
- Three coaches who could replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 0
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 5
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42