Jan 3, 2013, 10:57 PM EST
I fear that Knicks guard J.R. Smith may have an addiction to dunking. The warning signs have been there, but one particular play in a blowout win against the Spurs kind of confirmed it for me.
Knicks backup point guard Pablo Prigioni just wants to throw Smith a regular pass off a backdoor cut. Textbook. Something J.R. could easily catch and convert on the other side of the rim for a nice, simple layup.
But J.R. Smith cares not for Prigioni’s desires, because when a dunker goes backdoor, he wants to throw it down.
Check out Smith turn a pass that was about hip-high into one of the weirdest (but coolest) alley-oop connections you’ll see this season:
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30