Jan 2, 2013, 5:42 PM EDT
When a blizzard shut down a lot of the transportation in Indianapolis the day after Christmas, the NBA decided to postpone the Bulls game vs. the Pacers that night. The decision seemed the right one (from my warm seat thousands of miles away) but was odd only in that the Bulls had gotten into town ahead of the storm and the league rarely cancels games for weather if both teams are in town.
That game will now be played on Feb. 4 at 7 p.m. at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse, the league announced.
The interesting question here is if Derrick Rose or Danny Granger would be back for that game. Rose is traveling with the team but all reports out of Chicago are that he will not return until likely after the All-Star break. Granger, however, is expected back in late January or early February from his injury. The Pacers miss his shot creation (for himself and others) and having Granger back for a game he would have missed would be a huge advantage for Indiana.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 9
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 19
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23