Jan 2, 2013, 5:42 PM EDT
When a blizzard shut down a lot of the transportation in Indianapolis the day after Christmas, the NBA decided to postpone the Bulls game vs. the Pacers that night. The decision seemed the right one (from my warm seat thousands of miles away) but was odd only in that the Bulls had gotten into town ahead of the storm and the league rarely cancels games for weather if both teams are in town.
That game will now be played on Feb. 4 at 7 p.m. at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse, the league announced.
The interesting question here is if Derrick Rose or Danny Granger would be back for that game. Rose is traveling with the team but all reports out of Chicago are that he will not return until likely after the All-Star break. Granger, however, is expected back in late January or early February from his injury. The Pacers miss his shot creation (for himself and others) and having Granger back for a game he would have missed would be a huge advantage for Indiana.
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 0
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 25
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17