Jan 2, 2013, 5:42 PM EST
When a blizzard shut down a lot of the transportation in Indianapolis the day after Christmas, the NBA decided to postpone the Bulls game vs. the Pacers that night. The decision seemed the right one (from my warm seat thousands of miles away) but was odd only in that the Bulls had gotten into town ahead of the storm and the league rarely cancels games for weather if both teams are in town.
That game will now be played on Feb. 4 at 7 p.m. at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse, the league announced.
The interesting question here is if Derrick Rose or Danny Granger would be back for that game. Rose is traveling with the team but all reports out of Chicago are that he will not return until likely after the All-Star break. Granger, however, is expected back in late January or early February from his injury. The Pacers miss his shot creation (for himself and others) and having Granger back for a game he would have missed would be a huge advantage for Indiana.
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 6
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 6
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 5
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 16
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)