Jan 2, 2013, 10:26 PM EDT
There was a time, way back in 2007, when there was hope for Quincy Douby to become a solid NBA contributor for the Sacramento Kings. Well, Kings fans didn’t really think that but Reggie Theus did the coach. Which explains a lot about Reggie Theus the coach.
Douby has taken his gunner game to China the past few years and setting records — 75 points in a game.
He did that for Zhejiang Chouzhou this week — scoring 28 in the fourth quarter. His line for the night was 23-of-38 shooting overall, 9-of-15 from three and he knocked down 16 of his 20 threes.
Douby is a star in China, where he dropped 44 points in the All-Star Game once. This, however, is a new best for him, and a new record for the Chinese Basketball Association.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11