Jan 2, 2013, 10:26 PM EST
There was a time, way back in 2007, when there was hope for Quincy Douby to become a solid NBA contributor for the Sacramento Kings. Well, Kings fans didn’t really think that but Reggie Theus did the coach. Which explains a lot about Reggie Theus the coach.
Douby has taken his gunner game to China the past few years and setting records — 75 points in a game.
He did that for Zhejiang Chouzhou this week — scoring 28 in the fourth quarter. His line for the night was 23-of-38 shooting overall, 9-of-15 from three and he knocked down 16 of his 20 threes.
Douby is a star in China, where he dropped 44 points in the All-Star Game once. This, however, is a new best for him, and a new record for the Chinese Basketball Association.
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 4
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 4
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18