Jan 2, 2013, 10:26 PM EDT
There was a time, way back in 2007, when there was hope for Quincy Douby to become a solid NBA contributor for the Sacramento Kings. Well, Kings fans didn’t really think that but Reggie Theus did the coach. Which explains a lot about Reggie Theus the coach.
Douby has taken his gunner game to China the past few years and setting records — 75 points in a game.
He did that for Zhejiang Chouzhou this week — scoring 28 in the fourth quarter. His line for the night was 23-of-38 shooting overall, 9-of-15 from three and he knocked down 16 of his 20 threes.
Douby is a star in China, where he dropped 44 points in the All-Star Game once. This, however, is a new best for him, and a new record for the Chinese Basketball Association.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4