Jan 2, 2013, 10:26 PM EDT
There was a time, way back in 2007, when there was hope for Quincy Douby to become a solid NBA contributor for the Sacramento Kings. Well, Kings fans didn’t really think that but Reggie Theus did the coach. Which explains a lot about Reggie Theus the coach.
Douby has taken his gunner game to China the past few years and setting records — 75 points in a game.
He did that for Zhejiang Chouzhou this week — scoring 28 in the fourth quarter. His line for the night was 23-of-38 shooting overall, 9-of-15 from three and he knocked down 16 of his 20 threes.
Douby is a star in China, where he dropped 44 points in the All-Star Game once. This, however, is a new best for him, and a new record for the Chinese Basketball Association.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7