Jan 2, 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
Finally, some good news for Kings fans.
The second opinion on the sore left knee of Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans by Dr. Steve Lombardo supported the team’s ongoing treatment and rehabilitation regimen, according to Sacramento Kings President of Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie. Evans, who was examined in Los Angeles by Dr. Lombardo, will rejoin the team in Toronto for treatment and rehabilitation with the anticipation of playing when the team returns to Sacramento for a five-game home stand next week.
The Kings have found a little groove, winning three of their last five with those wins coming over the Knicks, Celtics and Blazers. Still, this is not a deep team and one that could really use Evans’ 15 points a game.
The Kings are on the road this week but Evans could be back for a home stand next week that includes Memphis and Miami.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 0
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82