Jan 2, 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
Finally, some good news for Kings fans.
The second opinion on the sore left knee of Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans by Dr. Steve Lombardo supported the team’s ongoing treatment and rehabilitation regimen, according to Sacramento Kings President of Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie. Evans, who was examined in Los Angeles by Dr. Lombardo, will rejoin the team in Toronto for treatment and rehabilitation with the anticipation of playing when the team returns to Sacramento for a five-game home stand next week.
The Kings have found a little groove, winning three of their last five with those wins coming over the Knicks, Celtics and Blazers. Still, this is not a deep team and one that could really use Evans’ 15 points a game.
The Kings are on the road this week but Evans could be back for a home stand next week that includes Memphis and Miami.
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 0
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 16
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 30
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 26
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 12