Jan 2, 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
Finally, some good news for Kings fans.
The second opinion on the sore left knee of Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans by Dr. Steve Lombardo supported the team’s ongoing treatment and rehabilitation regimen, according to Sacramento Kings President of Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie. Evans, who was examined in Los Angeles by Dr. Lombardo, will rejoin the team in Toronto for treatment and rehabilitation with the anticipation of playing when the team returns to Sacramento for a five-game home stand next week.
The Kings have found a little groove, winning three of their last five with those wins coming over the Knicks, Celtics and Blazers. Still, this is not a deep team and one that could really use Evans’ 15 points a game.
The Kings are on the road this week but Evans could be back for a home stand next week that includes Memphis and Miami.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38