Jan 2, 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
Finally, some good news for Kings fans.
The second opinion on the sore left knee of Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans by Dr. Steve Lombardo supported the team’s ongoing treatment and rehabilitation regimen, according to Sacramento Kings President of Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie. Evans, who was examined in Los Angeles by Dr. Lombardo, will rejoin the team in Toronto for treatment and rehabilitation with the anticipation of playing when the team returns to Sacramento for a five-game home stand next week.
The Kings have found a little groove, winning three of their last five with those wins coming over the Knicks, Celtics and Blazers. Still, this is not a deep team and one that could really use Evans’ 15 points a game.
The Kings are on the road this week but Evans could be back for a home stand next week that includes Memphis and Miami.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49