Jan 2, 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
Finally, some good news for Kings fans.
The second opinion on the sore left knee of Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans by Dr. Steve Lombardo supported the team’s ongoing treatment and rehabilitation regimen, according to Sacramento Kings President of Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie. Evans, who was examined in Los Angeles by Dr. Lombardo, will rejoin the team in Toronto for treatment and rehabilitation with the anticipation of playing when the team returns to Sacramento for a five-game home stand next week.
The Kings have found a little groove, winning three of their last five with those wins coming over the Knicks, Celtics and Blazers. Still, this is not a deep team and one that could really use Evans’ 15 points a game.
The Kings are on the road this week but Evans could be back for a home stand next week that includes Memphis and Miami.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 25
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23