Jan 2, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
With under two minutes remaining and a home loss to the Nets almost certainly at hand, Kevin Durant let frustration get the best of him. He argued an illegal screen call on teammate Kendrick Perkins, and was issued two quick technicals from the nearby official, which resulted in an automatic ejection.
For almost anyone else in the league, this really wouldn’t be all that newsworthy. Durant’s image is so clean, of course, that this unusual display (and clear F-bomb directed at the official) is something worth watching.
It was the first career ejection for Durant, now in his sixth NBA season. Perhaps the fine folks at Nike were on to something.
[via SB Nation]
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 14
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 3
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11