Jan 2, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
With under two minutes remaining and a home loss to the Nets almost certainly at hand, Kevin Durant let frustration get the best of him. He argued an illegal screen call on teammate Kendrick Perkins, and was issued two quick technicals from the nearby official, which resulted in an automatic ejection.
For almost anyone else in the league, this really wouldn’t be all that newsworthy. Durant’s image is so clean, of course, that this unusual display (and clear F-bomb directed at the official) is something worth watching.
It was the first career ejection for Durant, now in his sixth NBA season. Perhaps the fine folks at Nike were on to something.
[via SB Nation]
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 1
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8