Jan 2, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
With under two minutes remaining and a home loss to the Nets almost certainly at hand, Kevin Durant let frustration get the best of him. He argued an illegal screen call on teammate Kendrick Perkins, and was issued two quick technicals from the nearby official, which resulted in an automatic ejection.
For almost anyone else in the league, this really wouldn’t be all that newsworthy. Durant’s image is so clean, of course, that this unusual display (and clear F-bomb directed at the official) is something worth watching.
It was the first career ejection for Durant, now in his sixth NBA season. Perhaps the fine folks at Nike were on to something.
[via SB Nation]
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 1
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 13
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12