Jan 2, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
A lot of NBA coaches wish they had Vinny Del Negro’s problem — too many talented players to give minutes to. Because the Clippers are winning there is little grumbling, but it’s a challenge Del Negro and others have admitted to.
Soon there will be another wing player demanding minutes on the active roster.
He said he has “ramped up” his workout activity.
So Hill was asked what date he has in mind to play.
“Sometime in January,” is all Hill would say. “Hopefully soon I’ll get to start practicing a little bit,” he said. “They are stressing that a lot of it is how you respond. So a target date could be sooner, it could be later. You want to let your body dictate that.”
The Clippers also have Chauncey Billups on the sidelines with tendonitis in his foot. It may be next month before he returns. Bu at some point after the All-Star break that is two more guys to divide up the finite minutes on the wings.
However, those are two veteran guys who have seen a lot, the kind of guys you want in the locker room come the playoffs. Guys you can count on when things get tight.
We’ll see how much Hill can contribute off the Clippers bench, but quality minutes are quality minutes and he will give them.
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 0
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 8
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 7
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 36
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay