Jan 2, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
A lot of NBA coaches wish they had Vinny Del Negro’s problem — too many talented players to give minutes to. Because the Clippers are winning there is little grumbling, but it’s a challenge Del Negro and others have admitted to.
Soon there will be another wing player demanding minutes on the active roster.
He said he has “ramped up” his workout activity.
So Hill was asked what date he has in mind to play.
“Sometime in January,” is all Hill would say. “Hopefully soon I’ll get to start practicing a little bit,” he said. “They are stressing that a lot of it is how you respond. So a target date could be sooner, it could be later. You want to let your body dictate that.”
The Clippers also have Chauncey Billups on the sidelines with tendonitis in his foot. It may be next month before he returns. Bu at some point after the All-Star break that is two more guys to divide up the finite minutes on the wings.
However, those are two veteran guys who have seen a lot, the kind of guys you want in the locker room come the playoffs. Guys you can count on when things get tight.
We’ll see how much Hill can contribute off the Clippers bench, but quality minutes are quality minutes and he will give them.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 0
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48