Jan 2, 2013, 2:02 AM EST
The Celtics — at 14-16 and losers of four out of five — need a boost.
Enter Avery Bradley.
The Celtics starting two guars should be back with the team Wednesday when the Celtics face a good Grizzlies team, reports A. Sherrod Blakely on CSNNE.com. Bradley is coming off off-season surgery on both shoulders.
“Avery’s going to start,” Rivers said prior to the C’s practice on Wednesday afternoon. “We had him markered down — not penciled down — before the year that he was going to be a starter.”
What does this mean for Boston? You should listen to last week’s PBT podcast where we had CSNNE’s Blakely on. He said that while some Celtics fans have vastly inflated hopes for Bradley’s return — he alone doesn’t change the Celtics season — he does get guys into better roles. With him on the floor handling the defense on the opponents best guard it takes some defensive responsibility off of Rajon Rondo and lets him focus more on offense. Jason Terry goes back to a pure sixth man role. It’s a trickle down thing.
We’ll see how much of a change that really is. Starting Wednesday.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8