Jan 2, 2013, 2:02 AM EDT
The Celtics — at 14-16 and losers of four out of five — need a boost.
Enter Avery Bradley.
The Celtics starting two guars should be back with the team Wednesday when the Celtics face a good Grizzlies team, reports A. Sherrod Blakely on CSNNE.com. Bradley is coming off off-season surgery on both shoulders.
“Avery’s going to start,” Rivers said prior to the C’s practice on Wednesday afternoon. “We had him markered down — not penciled down — before the year that he was going to be a starter.”
What does this mean for Boston? You should listen to last week’s PBT podcast where we had CSNNE’s Blakely on. He said that while some Celtics fans have vastly inflated hopes for Bradley’s return — he alone doesn’t change the Celtics season — he does get guys into better roles. With him on the floor handling the defense on the opponents best guard it takes some defensive responsibility off of Rajon Rondo and lets him focus more on offense. Jason Terry goes back to a pure sixth man role. It’s a trickle down thing.
We’ll see how much of a change that really is. Starting Wednesday.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40