Jan 2, 2013, 2:02 AM EST
The Celtics — at 14-16 and losers of four out of five — need a boost.
Enter Avery Bradley.
The Celtics starting two guars should be back with the team Wednesday when the Celtics face a good Grizzlies team, reports A. Sherrod Blakely on CSNNE.com. Bradley is coming off off-season surgery on both shoulders.
“Avery’s going to start,” Rivers said prior to the C’s practice on Wednesday afternoon. “We had him markered down — not penciled down — before the year that he was going to be a starter.”
What does this mean for Boston? You should listen to last week’s PBT podcast where we had CSNNE’s Blakely on. He said that while some Celtics fans have vastly inflated hopes for Bradley’s return — he alone doesn’t change the Celtics season — he does get guys into better roles. With him on the floor handling the defense on the opponents best guard it takes some defensive responsibility off of Rajon Rondo and lets him focus more on offense. Jason Terry goes back to a pure sixth man role. It’s a trickle down thing.
We’ll see how much of a change that really is. Starting Wednesday.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 12
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 14
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 24
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18