Jan 2, 2013, 2:02 AM EDT
The Celtics — at 14-16 and losers of four out of five — need a boost.
Enter Avery Bradley.
The Celtics starting two guars should be back with the team Wednesday when the Celtics face a good Grizzlies team, reports A. Sherrod Blakely on CSNNE.com. Bradley is coming off off-season surgery on both shoulders.
“Avery’s going to start,” Rivers said prior to the C’s practice on Wednesday afternoon. “We had him markered down — not penciled down — before the year that he was going to be a starter.”
What does this mean for Boston? You should listen to last week’s PBT podcast where we had CSNNE’s Blakely on. He said that while some Celtics fans have vastly inflated hopes for Bradley’s return — he alone doesn’t change the Celtics season — he does get guys into better roles. With him on the floor handling the defense on the opponents best guard it takes some defensive responsibility off of Rajon Rondo and lets him focus more on offense. Jason Terry goes back to a pure sixth man role. It’s a trickle down thing.
We’ll see how much of a change that really is. Starting Wednesday.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38