Jan 2, 2013, 2:02 AM EDT
The Celtics — at 14-16 and losers of four out of five — need a boost.
Enter Avery Bradley.
The Celtics starting two guars should be back with the team Wednesday when the Celtics face a good Grizzlies team, reports A. Sherrod Blakely on CSNNE.com. Bradley is coming off off-season surgery on both shoulders.
“Avery’s going to start,” Rivers said prior to the C’s practice on Wednesday afternoon. “We had him markered down — not penciled down — before the year that he was going to be a starter.”
What does this mean for Boston? You should listen to last week’s PBT podcast where we had CSNNE’s Blakely on. He said that while some Celtics fans have vastly inflated hopes for Bradley’s return — he alone doesn’t change the Celtics season — he does get guys into better roles. With him on the floor handling the defense on the opponents best guard it takes some defensive responsibility off of Rajon Rondo and lets him focus more on offense. Jason Terry goes back to a pure sixth man role. It’s a trickle down thing.
We’ll see how much of a change that really is. Starting Wednesday.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 28
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16