Top 10 NBA dunks of 2012 (VIDEO)

Jan 1, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT

WIth 2012 officially in the books, it’s time to look back on the top 10 dunks of the past year. And just as we all expected, Byron Mullens makes the list and kicks things off at number 10.

Yeah, I don’t know either. But his flying jam down the lane after getting his own rebound was pretty impressive.

J.R. Smith and Jeff Green come in at eight and seven respectively, followed by Gerald Henderson (wait, two Bobcats made this mix?) throwing it down — literally — over several Los Angeles Lakers.

Next up is Jeremy Evans, whose defensive effort to kick things off makes this one of the more impressive overall plays of this collection.

Harrison Barnes gets some rookie love for his monster jam over Nikola Pekovic, before we go to Blake Griffin‘s posterization of Pau Gasol. That one made the top 10 bloopers reel as well, thanks to Andrew Bynum‘s comical reaction.

LeBron James and Gerald Green then weigh in with a pair of alley-oops, and at number one, it’s no surprise that we see Blake Griffin’s incredible throwdown at the expense of the Thunder’s Kendrick Perkins.

1. coasttocoast12 - Jan 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM

It actually IS a surprise that we see Griffin at number 1 because in the top dunks of 2011-2012 season Griffin was number 2, behind Gerald Green. NBA messed up the top 10′s this year.

2. norcaldeportes - Jan 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM

#2 and JR Smith’s were my favorite. Lebron’s was nice, but #3???

• deadeyedesign23 - Jan 2, 2013 at 2:23 AM

I thought that too but then the last time they showed it I realized he jumped clear over John Lucas.

3. jerdogthompson - Jan 1, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Griffin is the most prolific dunker in the game period. The gasoft dunk was freaking awesome and Porkins got his as well. Against Boston Blake was about to get the same on Sullinger he missed by an inch. I’m waiting for him to posterize Howard next. It’s coming just you wait.

• dko83 - Jan 2, 2013 at 1:41 AM

First time I’ve heard “gasoft,” well played. 1. wish I thought of it. 2. stealing it.

4. fiscalartdotcom - Jan 2, 2013 at 4:55 AM

I don’t like Griffin but man he can throw it down. Lebron’s dunk was sick.

I could watch Gasol get dunked on over and over all day every day.

Warriors vs. Clippers playoff preview