Jan 1, 2013, 8:59 AM EDT
Tuesday night we get to see what the Knicks are really going to look like this season… well, except for the part where Raymond Felton is out and Carmelo Anthony is questionable (with a hyperextended knee).
But Amar’e Stoudemire will be back.
That is what Adrian Wojnarowski reports at Yahoo Sports.
After undergoing preseason knee surgery, New York Knicks All-Star forward Amar’e Stoudemire will make his season debut on Tuesday night against the Portland Trail Blazers, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.
Stoudemire will come off the bench for the Knicks at first and maybe for an extended period of time. Anthony is having his best season as a pro playing the four — Stoudemire’s spot — and coach Mike Woodson doesn’t want to mess with that.
But it becomes his and the Knicks challenge that they need to get Stoudemire, Anthony and Tyson Chandler working well together on the court to really reach their potential.
The Knicks could use the boost this would bring, their offense has slipped in the team’s last five games, in part because they are shooting 33.1 percent from three in that time (compared to earlier in the season when they hit better than 40 percent). Having a scorer like Stoudemire will draw defenses down into the paint to stop him, ideally opening up three point shooters for better looks.
We will see. The real tests for the Knicks start Tuesday.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14