Jan 1, 2013, 9:59 PM EST
As fouls you get ejected for go, that is on the soft end of the scale.
Just before halftime the Kings’ Isaiah Thomas drove the lane and the Piston’s Charlie Villanueva rotated over to stop him and did so with a hard foul that sent Thomas sprawling on the ground. Thomas came up angry and looking ready to fight but is stopped before anything happens.
Villanueva was ejected for a flagrant two foul. Like I said, to me that’s on the border — if this were the playoffs would that lead to an ejection? Tt’s not as bad as Dwight Howard hitting someone in the face but if you want to call that a flagrant two and send him to the showers at least Villanueva should not get a huge fine. Thomas was assessed no penalty for his reaction.
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 5
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 5
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 18
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 12
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30