Jan 1, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
As fouls you get ejected for go, that is on the soft end of the scale.
Just before halftime the Kings’ Isaiah Thomas drove the lane and the Piston’s Charlie Villanueva rotated over to stop him and did so with a hard foul that sent Thomas sprawling on the ground. Thomas came up angry and looking ready to fight but is stopped before anything happens.
Villanueva was ejected for a flagrant two foul. Like I said, to me that’s on the border — if this were the playoffs would that lead to an ejection? Tt’s not as bad as Dwight Howard hitting someone in the face but if you want to call that a flagrant two and send him to the showers at least Villanueva should not get a huge fine. Thomas was assessed no penalty for his reaction.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6