Jan 1, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
As fouls you get ejected for go, that is on the soft end of the scale.
Just before halftime the Kings’ Isaiah Thomas drove the lane and the Piston’s Charlie Villanueva rotated over to stop him and did so with a hard foul that sent Thomas sprawling on the ground. Thomas came up angry and looking ready to fight but is stopped before anything happens.
Villanueva was ejected for a flagrant two foul. Like I said, to me that’s on the border — if this were the playoffs would that lead to an ejection? Tt’s not as bad as Dwight Howard hitting someone in the face but if you want to call that a flagrant two and send him to the showers at least Villanueva should not get a huge fine. Thomas was assessed no penalty for his reaction.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 0
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 7
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71