Jan 1, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
As fouls you get ejected for go, that is on the soft end of the scale.
Just before halftime the Kings’ Isaiah Thomas drove the lane and the Piston’s Charlie Villanueva rotated over to stop him and did so with a hard foul that sent Thomas sprawling on the ground. Thomas came up angry and looking ready to fight but is stopped before anything happens.
Villanueva was ejected for a flagrant two foul. Like I said, to me that’s on the border — if this were the playoffs would that lead to an ejection? Tt’s not as bad as Dwight Howard hitting someone in the face but if you want to call that a flagrant two and send him to the showers at least Villanueva should not get a huge fine. Thomas was assessed no penalty for his reaction.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 2
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18