Jan 1, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
As fouls you get ejected for go, that is on the soft end of the scale.
Just before halftime the Kings’ Isaiah Thomas drove the lane and the Piston’s Charlie Villanueva rotated over to stop him and did so with a hard foul that sent Thomas sprawling on the ground. Thomas came up angry and looking ready to fight but is stopped before anything happens.
Villanueva was ejected for a flagrant two foul. Like I said, to me that’s on the border — if this were the playoffs would that lead to an ejection? Tt’s not as bad as Dwight Howard hitting someone in the face but if you want to call that a flagrant two and send him to the showers at least Villanueva should not get a huge fine. Thomas was assessed no penalty for his reaction.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28