Dec 31, 2012, 8:52 PM EDT
But after a strong start, Miami was complacent in the second quarter, getting outscored by 15 in the period, which gave the home team some confidence that allowed them to hang with the Heat closely for the rest of the way.
So to overtime we went, and once we got to the end of the extra session, Miami’s talent finally won out.
With the Heat leading by two and just over 17 seconds remaining, the Magic inbounded the ball. J.J. Redic tried to make a pass up top beyond the three-point arc to Hedo Turkoglu, but Dwyane Wade saw it coming a mile away.
He shot the gap, got the steal, and took it in for the uncontested dunk at the other end of the floor to seal the win for his team.
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 0
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 40
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44