Dec 31, 2012, 8:52 PM EST
But after a strong start, Miami was complacent in the second quarter, getting outscored by 15 in the period, which gave the home team some confidence that allowed them to hang with the Heat closely for the rest of the way.
So to overtime we went, and once we got to the end of the extra session, Miami’s talent finally won out.
With the Heat leading by two and just over 17 seconds remaining, the Magic inbounded the ball. J.J. Redic tried to make a pass up top beyond the three-point arc to Hedo Turkoglu, but Dwyane Wade saw it coming a mile away.
He shot the gap, got the steal, and took it in for the uncontested dunk at the other end of the floor to seal the win for his team.
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 1
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 7
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24