Dec 31, 2012, 8:52 PM EST
But after a strong start, Miami was complacent in the second quarter, getting outscored by 15 in the period, which gave the home team some confidence that allowed them to hang with the Heat closely for the rest of the way.
So to overtime we went, and once we got to the end of the extra session, Miami’s talent finally won out.
With the Heat leading by two and just over 17 seconds remaining, the Magic inbounded the ball. J.J. Redic tried to make a pass up top beyond the three-point arc to Hedo Turkoglu, but Dwyane Wade saw it coming a mile away.
He shot the gap, got the steal, and took it in for the uncontested dunk at the other end of the floor to seal the win for his team.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 5
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 23
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17