Dec 31, 2012, 8:52 PM EST
But after a strong start, Miami was complacent in the second quarter, getting outscored by 15 in the period, which gave the home team some confidence that allowed them to hang with the Heat closely for the rest of the way.
So to overtime we went, and once we got to the end of the extra session, Miami’s talent finally won out.
With the Heat leading by two and just over 17 seconds remaining, the Magic inbounded the ball. J.J. Redic tried to make a pass up top beyond the three-point arc to Hedo Turkoglu, but Dwyane Wade saw it coming a mile away.
He shot the gap, got the steal, and took it in for the uncontested dunk at the other end of the floor to seal the win for his team.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 9
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 8
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 14
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)