Dec 31, 2012, 8:52 PM EDT
But after a strong start, Miami was complacent in the second quarter, getting outscored by 15 in the period, which gave the home team some confidence that allowed them to hang with the Heat closely for the rest of the way.
So to overtime we went, and once we got to the end of the extra session, Miami’s talent finally won out.
With the Heat leading by two and just over 17 seconds remaining, the Magic inbounded the ball. J.J. Redic tried to make a pass up top beyond the three-point arc to Hedo Turkoglu, but Dwyane Wade saw it coming a mile away.
He shot the gap, got the steal, and took it in for the uncontested dunk at the other end of the floor to seal the win for his team.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 9
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 28
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17