Dec 31, 2012, 11:56 PM EDT
As we count down to the new year, let’s relive some of the lighter NBA moments of 2012 that we were fortunate enough to experience.
At 10, we have Lamar Odom saying he’s with the Lakers in his first season with the Clippers. Wishful thinking, my friend.
At 9, we have Omer Asik tipping the ball into the wrong basket, scoring two points for the opposing team. (Is it just me, or did the announcer sound like he might have issued an expletive there while uttering Omer’s last name?)
At 8, We have Andrew Bynum enjoying a Blake Griffin jam on the head of his then-teammate Pau Gasol just a little too much. It was a somewhat appropriate reaction, but still — you can’t clown your own guys like that, and this might have exemplified the personality that Bynum exhibited in his time in Los Angeles.
At 5, we have the “broken worm” from Enes Kanter of the Utah Jazz. Rookie hazing, at its finest.
At 4, we have Nick Young being Nick Young — launching a breakaway layup or dunk opportunity over the backboard entirely.
But at 1, there’s JaVale McGee. And as you might expect, he doesn’t disappoint.
McGee puts all the rest of these plays to shame, with his ridiculous behind-the-back-dribble that turns into an alley-oop attempt — one that flies so far over the backboard you wonder what he was thinking, if anything at all, as the ball sailed several rows into the stands.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final