Dec 31, 2012, 11:56 PM EST
As we count down to the new year, let’s relive some of the lighter NBA moments of 2012 that we were fortunate enough to experience.
At 10, we have Lamar Odom saying he’s with the Lakers in his first season with the Clippers. Wishful thinking, my friend.
At 9, we have Omer Asik tipping the ball into the wrong basket, scoring two points for the opposing team. (Is it just me, or did the announcer sound like he might have issued an expletive there while uttering Omer’s last name?)
At 8, We have Andrew Bynum enjoying a Blake Griffin jam on the head of his then-teammate Pau Gasol just a little too much. It was a somewhat appropriate reaction, but still — you can’t clown your own guys like that, and this might have exemplified the personality that Bynum exhibited in his time in Los Angeles.
At 5, we have the “broken worm” from Enes Kanter of the Utah Jazz. Rookie hazing, at its finest.
At 4, we have Nick Young being Nick Young — launching a breakaway layup or dunk opportunity over the backboard entirely.
But at 1, there’s JaVale McGee. And as you might expect, he doesn’t disappoint.
McGee puts all the rest of these plays to shame, with his ridiculous behind-the-back-dribble that turns into an alley-oop attempt — one that flies so far over the backboard you wonder what he was thinking, if anything at all, as the ball sailed several rows into the stands.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 8
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11