Dec 31, 2012, 11:56 PM EDT
As we count down to the new year, let’s relive some of the lighter NBA moments of 2012 that we were fortunate enough to experience.
At 10, we have Lamar Odom saying he’s with the Lakers in his first season with the Clippers. Wishful thinking, my friend.
At 9, we have Omer Asik tipping the ball into the wrong basket, scoring two points for the opposing team. (Is it just me, or did the announcer sound like he might have issued an expletive there while uttering Omer’s last name?)
At 8, We have Andrew Bynum enjoying a Blake Griffin jam on the head of his then-teammate Pau Gasol just a little too much. It was a somewhat appropriate reaction, but still — you can’t clown your own guys like that, and this might have exemplified the personality that Bynum exhibited in his time in Los Angeles.
At 5, we have the “broken worm” from Enes Kanter of the Utah Jazz. Rookie hazing, at its finest.
At 4, we have Nick Young being Nick Young — launching a breakaway layup or dunk opportunity over the backboard entirely.
But at 1, there’s JaVale McGee. And as you might expect, he doesn’t disappoint.
McGee puts all the rest of these plays to shame, with his ridiculous behind-the-back-dribble that turns into an alley-oop attempt — one that flies so far over the backboard you wonder what he was thinking, if anything at all, as the ball sailed several rows into the stands.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 12
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 12
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8