Dec 31, 2012, 11:56 PM EDT
As we count down to the new year, let’s relive some of the lighter NBA moments of 2012 that we were fortunate enough to experience.
At 10, we have Lamar Odom saying he’s with the Lakers in his first season with the Clippers. Wishful thinking, my friend.
At 9, we have Omer Asik tipping the ball into the wrong basket, scoring two points for the opposing team. (Is it just me, or did the announcer sound like he might have issued an expletive there while uttering Omer’s last name?)
At 8, We have Andrew Bynum enjoying a Blake Griffin jam on the head of his then-teammate Pau Gasol just a little too much. It was a somewhat appropriate reaction, but still — you can’t clown your own guys like that, and this might have exemplified the personality that Bynum exhibited in his time in Los Angeles.
At 5, we have the “broken worm” from Enes Kanter of the Utah Jazz. Rookie hazing, at its finest.
At 4, we have Nick Young being Nick Young — launching a breakaway layup or dunk opportunity over the backboard entirely.
But at 1, there’s JaVale McGee. And as you might expect, he doesn’t disappoint.
McGee puts all the rest of these plays to shame, with his ridiculous behind-the-back-dribble that turns into an alley-oop attempt — one that flies so far over the backboard you wonder what he was thinking, if anything at all, as the ball sailed several rows into the stands.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 14
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17