Dec 31, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT
Quincy Pondexter has been giving the Grizzlies 23 minutes a night… not great minutes (6.7 points per game) but he was defending and knocking down threes at a 42 percent clip.
However they are not going to have that for a while — he had to be carried off the court on Sunday night after twisting his knee and he has been diagnosed with a grade 2 sprain of the MCL in his left knee, reports the Commercial Appeal.
No timetable has been set for his return. But Pondexter could miss up to a month because of the degree of the sprain suffered Saturday night during the Grizzlies’ 81-72 win over the Denver Nuggets.
“It’s unfortunate for a kid who has played hard and worked hard,” Griz coach Lionel Hollins said. “He’s made great strides and improvements this year. He was helping us with his 3-point shooting and size on defense. I feel bad for him. I wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery for himself as well as for our team.”
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20