Dec 31, 2012, 4:26 PM EST
Quincy Pondexter has been giving the Grizzlies 23 minutes a night… not great minutes (6.7 points per game) but he was defending and knocking down threes at a 42 percent clip.
However they are not going to have that for a while — he had to be carried off the court on Sunday night after twisting his knee and he has been diagnosed with a grade 2 sprain of the MCL in his left knee, reports the Commercial Appeal.
No timetable has been set for his return. But Pondexter could miss up to a month because of the degree of the sprain suffered Saturday night during the Grizzlies’ 81-72 win over the Denver Nuggets.
“It’s unfortunate for a kid who has played hard and worked hard,” Griz coach Lionel Hollins said. “He’s made great strides and improvements this year. He was helping us with his 3-point shooting and size on defense. I feel bad for him. I wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery for himself as well as for our team.”
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 2
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 5
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 13
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)