Dec 31, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT
Quincy Pondexter has been giving the Grizzlies 23 minutes a night… not great minutes (6.7 points per game) but he was defending and knocking down threes at a 42 percent clip.
However they are not going to have that for a while — he had to be carried off the court on Sunday night after twisting his knee and he has been diagnosed with a grade 2 sprain of the MCL in his left knee, reports the Commercial Appeal.
No timetable has been set for his return. But Pondexter could miss up to a month because of the degree of the sprain suffered Saturday night during the Grizzlies’ 81-72 win over the Denver Nuggets.
“It’s unfortunate for a kid who has played hard and worked hard,” Griz coach Lionel Hollins said. “He’s made great strides and improvements this year. He was helping us with his 3-point shooting and size on defense. I feel bad for him. I wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery for himself as well as for our team.”
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20