Dec 31, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT
Quincy Pondexter has been giving the Grizzlies 23 minutes a night… not great minutes (6.7 points per game) but he was defending and knocking down threes at a 42 percent clip.
However they are not going to have that for a while — he had to be carried off the court on Sunday night after twisting his knee and he has been diagnosed with a grade 2 sprain of the MCL in his left knee, reports the Commercial Appeal.
No timetable has been set for his return. But Pondexter could miss up to a month because of the degree of the sprain suffered Saturday night during the Grizzlies’ 81-72 win over the Denver Nuggets.
“It’s unfortunate for a kid who has played hard and worked hard,” Griz coach Lionel Hollins said. “He’s made great strides and improvements this year. He was helping us with his 3-point shooting and size on defense. I feel bad for him. I wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery for himself as well as for our team.”
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18