Dec 31, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like you will pretend to like champagne on New Year’s Eve….
• Will Kobe Bryant invite Shqq to the ceremony when Kobe gets his number retired someday? Actually, probably. But he answers the question after the Lakers retired Jamal Wilkes jersey.
• Former Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley says there is no truth to the rumor he wants to buy the Bucks.
• This is just flat-out brilliant — the 26 worst outfits worn by NBA players in 2012.
• The blog Gothic Ginobili has done player capsules for 370 NBA players. And done them well.
• Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was out for the Bucks on New Year’s Eve with an eye injury. Nothing serious but he’s out for a game.
• The Bucks’ Monta Ellis and the Hornets’ Greivis Vasquez are your players of the week. Ellis averaged 21.3 points, 8.3 assists and 4 steals a game last week. Vasquez averaged a double-double of 21 points and 10 assists a game last week.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49