Dec 31, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like you will pretend to like champagne on New Year’s Eve….
• Will Kobe Bryant invite Shqq to the ceremony when Kobe gets his number retired someday? Actually, probably. But he answers the question after the Lakers retired Jamal Wilkes jersey.
• Former Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley says there is no truth to the rumor he wants to buy the Bucks.
• This is just flat-out brilliant — the 26 worst outfits worn by NBA players in 2012.
• The blog Gothic Ginobili has done player capsules for 370 NBA players. And done them well.
• Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was out for the Bucks on New Year’s Eve with an eye injury. Nothing serious but he’s out for a game.
• The Bucks’ Monta Ellis and the Hornets’ Greivis Vasquez are your players of the week. Ellis averaged 21.3 points, 8.3 assists and 4 steals a game last week. Vasquez averaged a double-double of 21 points and 10 assists a game last week.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2