Dec 31, 2012, 5:22 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like you will pretend to like champagne on New Year’s Eve….
• Will Kobe Bryant invite Shqq to the ceremony when Kobe gets his number retired someday? Actually, probably. But he answers the question after the Lakers retired Jamal Wilkes jersey.
• Former Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley says there is no truth to the rumor he wants to buy the Bucks.
• This is just flat-out brilliant — the 26 worst outfits worn by NBA players in 2012.
• The blog Gothic Ginobili has done player capsules for 370 NBA players. And done them well.
• Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was out for the Bucks on New Year’s Eve with an eye injury. Nothing serious but he’s out for a game.
• The Bucks’ Monta Ellis and the Hornets’ Greivis Vasquez are your players of the week. Ellis averaged 21.3 points, 8.3 assists and 4 steals a game last week. Vasquez averaged a double-double of 21 points and 10 assists a game last week.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 6
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 12
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (38)