Dec 31, 2012, 5:22 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like you will pretend to like champagne on New Year’s Eve….
• Will Kobe Bryant invite Shqq to the ceremony when Kobe gets his number retired someday? Actually, probably. But he answers the question after the Lakers retired Jamal Wilkes jersey.
• Former Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley says there is no truth to the rumor he wants to buy the Bucks.
• This is just flat-out brilliant — the 26 worst outfits worn by NBA players in 2012.
• The blog Gothic Ginobili has done player capsules for 370 NBA players. And done them well.
• Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was out for the Bucks on New Year’s Eve with an eye injury. Nothing serious but he’s out for a game.
• The Bucks’ Monta Ellis and the Hornets’ Greivis Vasquez are your players of the week. Ellis averaged 21.3 points, 8.3 assists and 4 steals a game last week. Vasquez averaged a double-double of 21 points and 10 assists a game last week.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8