Dec 31, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like you will pretend to like champagne on New Year’s Eve….
• Will Kobe Bryant invite Shqq to the ceremony when Kobe gets his number retired someday? Actually, probably. But he answers the question after the Lakers retired Jamal Wilkes jersey.
• Former Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley says there is no truth to the rumor he wants to buy the Bucks.
• This is just flat-out brilliant — the 26 worst outfits worn by NBA players in 2012.
• The blog Gothic Ginobili has done player capsules for 370 NBA players. And done them well.
• Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was out for the Bucks on New Year’s Eve with an eye injury. Nothing serious but he’s out for a game.
• The Bucks’ Monta Ellis and the Hornets’ Greivis Vasquez are your players of the week. Ellis averaged 21.3 points, 8.3 assists and 4 steals a game last week. Vasquez averaged a double-double of 21 points and 10 assists a game last week.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 15
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 18
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9