Dec 31, 2012, 3:43 PM EDT
When the Miami Heat lost to the Milwaukee Bucks Saturday, it was their fourth game in five days. The Heat have had a packed schedule of late.
And that has worn on LeBron James.
After the Heat loss Saturday James said this to the Journal-Sentinel.
“I was dog tired,” James said. “I was pushing the pace and trying to get us up the floor whenever I would get a rebound and an outlet pass. The last four or five nights we’ve definitely felt tired.”
LeBron has been carrying a load for the Heat and they were without Dwyane Wade for one of those games, but that’s not why I bring this up.
As the season moves on, Erik Spoelstra is going to rest LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh — the question is how, against what teams? And what will be the reaction of the league office.
So where is the line? Can Spoelstra rest only one star at a time or two? Does it matter the opponent and if the game is televised? Is there more leniency doing it in March as the playoffs approach as to November?
Where is the line? Gregg Popovich would like to know.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 4
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final