Dec 31, 2012, 8:43 AM EDT
How’s that for a showcase game? With trade winds swirling around DeMarcus Cousins, the big man went out and put his skills on full display for Celtics GM Danny Ainge to get a good long look at in a huge 118-96 win at home.
This wasn’t the prettiest triple-double game you’ll ever see — Cousins was 4-for-12 from the field — but the Kings absolutely dominated the Celtics, and Cousins keyed a lot of the action. He made the high-low pass, he ran the floor in transition, and he bullied Boston’s frontcourt much of the night.
Cousins hasn’t performed up to his talent level in the least bit, but when he does things like this on the floor, it’s a little easier to block out everything else and dream on his potential:
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 0
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 35
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 14
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3