Dec 31, 2012, 8:43 AM EDT
How’s that for a showcase game? With trade winds swirling around DeMarcus Cousins, the big man went out and put his skills on full display for Celtics GM Danny Ainge to get a good long look at in a huge 118-96 win at home.
This wasn’t the prettiest triple-double game you’ll ever see — Cousins was 4-for-12 from the field — but the Kings absolutely dominated the Celtics, and Cousins keyed a lot of the action. He made the high-low pass, he ran the floor in transition, and he bullied Boston’s frontcourt much of the night.
Cousins hasn’t performed up to his talent level in the least bit, but when he does things like this on the floor, it’s a little easier to block out everything else and dream on his potential:
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8