Dec 31, 2012, 8:43 AM EDT
How’s that for a showcase game? With trade winds swirling around DeMarcus Cousins, the big man went out and put his skills on full display for Celtics GM Danny Ainge to get a good long look at in a huge 118-96 win at home.
This wasn’t the prettiest triple-double game you’ll ever see — Cousins was 4-for-12 from the field — but the Kings absolutely dominated the Celtics, and Cousins keyed a lot of the action. He made the high-low pass, he ran the floor in transition, and he bullied Boston’s frontcourt much of the night.
Cousins hasn’t performed up to his talent level in the least bit, but when he does things like this on the floor, it’s a little easier to block out everything else and dream on his potential:
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 0
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 40
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 53
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16