Dec 31, 2012, 8:43 AM EST
How’s that for a showcase game? With trade winds swirling around DeMarcus Cousins, the big man went out and put his skills on full display for Celtics GM Danny Ainge to get a good long look at in a huge 118-96 win at home.
This wasn’t the prettiest triple-double game you’ll ever see — Cousins was 4-for-12 from the field — but the Kings absolutely dominated the Celtics, and Cousins keyed a lot of the action. He made the high-low pass, he ran the floor in transition, and he bullied Boston’s frontcourt much of the night.
Cousins hasn’t performed up to his talent level in the least bit, but when he does things like this on the floor, it’s a little easier to block out everything else and dream on his potential:
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 9
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18