Dec 31, 2012, 8:43 AM EDT
How’s that for a showcase game? With trade winds swirling around DeMarcus Cousins, the big man went out and put his skills on full display for Celtics GM Danny Ainge to get a good long look at in a huge 118-96 win at home.
This wasn’t the prettiest triple-double game you’ll ever see — Cousins was 4-for-12 from the field — but the Kings absolutely dominated the Celtics, and Cousins keyed a lot of the action. He made the high-low pass, he ran the floor in transition, and he bullied Boston’s frontcourt much of the night.
Cousins hasn’t performed up to his talent level in the least bit, but when he does things like this on the floor, it’s a little easier to block out everything else and dream on his potential:
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14