Dec 30, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
Tony Parker? Flop? Well, I never!
The NBA has officially warned Parker, Royal Ivey and Gustavo Ayon today for violating the anti-flopping policy established this season. While this is solely a warning for all three players, if they’re accused of violating the policy again, they will be subject to a $5,000 dollar fine.
Parker’s flop came late in the fourth quarter of a game against the Houston Rockets on December 28th. You’ve probably seen this one in your rec league a few times. After a Houston miss, Parker had his eye on a defensive rebound, but he felt a slight nudge in his back, so he flailed his arms up and acted as if he had been shoved out of the way by Toney Douglas. Embarrassingly enough, the ball simply went out of bounds and no foul was called on Douglas, but the league took note of Parker’s embellishment act. You can watch the video of Parker’s flop here on NBA.com.
Royal Ivey’s flop was even more hilarious than Parker’s, and came in a game on December 26th against the Memphis Grizzlies. Ivey was guarding Jarryd Bayless coming up the court, and got picked off by a completely legal screen set by Memphis big man Darrell Arthur. In a clear attempt to earn a foul call in a tight game, Ivey really sold it, twisting in the air and flailing in a manner that was inconsistent with the amount of actual contact. You can watch video of Ivey’s flop here on NBA.com.
And finally, we have Gustavo Ayon’s flop in a game on December 26th against the New Orleans Hornets. Ayon got his Vlade Divac on, and treated Robin Lopez as if he were Shaq by completely collapsing to the ground as Lopez tried to establish post position. You can watch Ayon’s flop here.
Parker, Ivey and Ayon join the list of nine other players (Omer Asik, Chauncey Billups, Zaza Pachulia, Gerald Wallace, Reggie Evans, Patrick Patterson, Kevin Martin, Donald Sloan, and J.J. Barea) to be warned by the league for flopping. Wallace and Evans have both been fined $5,000 dollars as repeat offenders, and will be fined $10,000 for their next violations.
If you’d like to know what the league qualifies as a flop, here’s the NBA’s official flopping video, complete with unintentionally hilarious narration:
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 0
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 4
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 33
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 33
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay