Dec 30, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
Derrick Rose is not going to show up in the Bulls lineup next week, his recovery is not that far along and the Bulls still do not wish to rush him.
But things are getting better.
Rose has started practicing with the Bulls, just not taking on contact, reports Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com.
But CSNChicago.com has learned that over the last two days, minus the contact portions, the former league MVP has been a full participant in the team’s practices at the Berto Center.
However, that doesn’t mean Rose will return to the court in the near future, as it was always the plan to have him increase his basketball workload in an effort to get familiar with his new teammates, have a comfort level in running the offense and regain a semblance of his timing, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.
Sam goes on to say the target for a Rose return is still after the All-Star break.
The Bulls are right to take their time and not rush the anchor of their franchise. This is not about this season, but rather the five (or more) after it.
But he is getting closer to coming back from the ACL injury suffered in the first game of the playoffs last season.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2