Dec 29, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
The Clippers were down 19 to the Utah Jazz about halfway through the third period, and the 15-game winning streak looked like it was finally coming to a close. Utah was getting easy buckets inside, and the Clippers offense had turned to mush.
But what do you know? Chris Paul suddenly snapped into attack mode, and Utah’s lead melted faster than a snowman in July.
It doesn’t happen very often these days, but when the Clippers are truly in desperation mode, Chris Paul usually saves the day. In a tight game with 23 seconds left, Paul put this nasty move on Gordon Hayward, sending him scrambling every which way. Hat tip to Mike Prada of SB Nation for this beautiful GIF of Paul putting the ball on a string and making Hayward look like Bambi on ice:
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 4
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 26
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3