Dec 29, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
The Clippers were down 19 to the Utah Jazz about halfway through the third period, and the 15-game winning streak looked like it was finally coming to a close. Utah was getting easy buckets inside, and the Clippers offense had turned to mush.
But what do you know? Chris Paul suddenly snapped into attack mode, and Utah’s lead melted faster than a snowman in July.
It doesn’t happen very often these days, but when the Clippers are truly in desperation mode, Chris Paul usually saves the day. In a tight game with 23 seconds left, Paul put this nasty move on Gordon Hayward, sending him scrambling every which way. Hat tip to Mike Prada of SB Nation for this beautiful GIF of Paul putting the ball on a string and making Hayward look like Bambi on ice:
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 0
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10