Dec 29, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
The Clippers were down 19 to the Utah Jazz about halfway through the third period, and the 15-game winning streak looked like it was finally coming to a close. Utah was getting easy buckets inside, and the Clippers offense had turned to mush.
But what do you know? Chris Paul suddenly snapped into attack mode, and Utah’s lead melted faster than a snowman in July.
It doesn’t happen very often these days, but when the Clippers are truly in desperation mode, Chris Paul usually saves the day. In a tight game with 23 seconds left, Paul put this nasty move on Gordon Hayward, sending him scrambling every which way. Hat tip to Mike Prada of SB Nation for this beautiful GIF of Paul putting the ball on a string and making Hayward look like Bambi on ice:
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47