Dec 29, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
The Clippers were down 19 to the Utah Jazz about halfway through the third period, and the 15-game winning streak looked like it was finally coming to a close. Utah was getting easy buckets inside, and the Clippers offense had turned to mush.
But what do you know? Chris Paul suddenly snapped into attack mode, and Utah’s lead melted faster than a snowman in July.
It doesn’t happen very often these days, but when the Clippers are truly in desperation mode, Chris Paul usually saves the day. In a tight game with 23 seconds left, Paul put this nasty move on Gordon Hayward, sending him scrambling every which way. Hat tip to Mike Prada of SB Nation for this beautiful GIF of Paul putting the ball on a string and making Hayward look like Bambi on ice:
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 6
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 36
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 6