Dec 29, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
The Clippers were down 19 to the Utah Jazz about halfway through the third period, and the 15-game winning streak looked like it was finally coming to a close. Utah was getting easy buckets inside, and the Clippers offense had turned to mush.
But what do you know? Chris Paul suddenly snapped into attack mode, and Utah’s lead melted faster than a snowman in July.
It doesn’t happen very often these days, but when the Clippers are truly in desperation mode, Chris Paul usually saves the day. In a tight game with 23 seconds left, Paul put this nasty move on Gordon Hayward, sending him scrambling every which way. Hat tip to Mike Prada of SB Nation for this beautiful GIF of Paul putting the ball on a string and making Hayward look like Bambi on ice:
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 3
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25