Dec 28, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
This is from Avery Johnson’s press conference in Brooklyn after being let go by the Nets on Thursday.
He sounds like a coach who isn’t happy but knows this is part of the business and knows that he is taking the fall for failings of the some players (we’re looking at you, Deron Williams) and how Billy King built the roster. Not to mention the unrealistic expectations of ownership (this is a four seed, out in the second round roster at its peak).
King also speaks about how he thinks Johnson was not reaching the players anymore.
Neither guy is wrong. There are a number of factors going on with the Nets. The question is can a new coach really solve them? (Hint: the answer is no.)
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 11
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 13
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 7
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 13
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 48
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27