Dec 28, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
This is from Avery Johnson’s press conference in Brooklyn after being let go by the Nets on Thursday.
He sounds like a coach who isn’t happy but knows this is part of the business and knows that he is taking the fall for failings of the some players (we’re looking at you, Deron Williams) and how Billy King built the roster. Not to mention the unrealistic expectations of ownership (this is a four seed, out in the second round roster at its peak).
King also speaks about how he thinks Johnson was not reaching the players anymore.
Neither guy is wrong. There are a number of factors going on with the Nets. The question is can a new coach really solve them? (Hint: the answer is no.)
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14