Dec 28, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
This is from Avery Johnson’s press conference in Brooklyn after being let go by the Nets on Thursday.
He sounds like a coach who isn’t happy but knows this is part of the business and knows that he is taking the fall for failings of the some players (we’re looking at you, Deron Williams) and how Billy King built the roster. Not to mention the unrealistic expectations of ownership (this is a four seed, out in the second round roster at its peak).
King also speaks about how he thinks Johnson was not reaching the players anymore.
Neither guy is wrong. There are a number of factors going on with the Nets. The question is can a new coach really solve them? (Hint: the answer is no.)
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 15
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6