Dec 28, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
This is from Avery Johnson’s press conference in Brooklyn after being let go by the Nets on Thursday.
He sounds like a coach who isn’t happy but knows this is part of the business and knows that he is taking the fall for failings of the some players (we’re looking at you, Deron Williams) and how Billy King built the roster. Not to mention the unrealistic expectations of ownership (this is a four seed, out in the second round roster at its peak).
King also speaks about how he thinks Johnson was not reaching the players anymore.
Neither guy is wrong. There are a number of factors going on with the Nets. The question is can a new coach really solve them? (Hint: the answer is no.)
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42