PBT Podcast: Nets coaching search, Clippers win streak, flagrant fouls, and Celtics talk with A. Sherrod Blakely
Dec 28, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the recent firing of Avery Johnson by the Brooklyn Nets, and where they go from here in terms of finding a replacement that will live up to the extremely high expectations that management has for this team, whether justified or not.
We take a look at the Clippers impressive play that doesn’t seem to have an end in sight, after a blowout win over the Celtics on Thursday earned the team its 15th straight win.
We then look at the week’s flagrant fouls involving Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade, and J.R. Smith, and discuss the punishment that went along with them — or the lack thereof, as was the case for Smith’s hit on Goran Dragic.
All that plus a conversation with A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England to determine the state of the Boston Celtics.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 25
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 26
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27