PBT Podcast: Nets coaching search, Clippers win streak, flagrant fouls, and Celtics talk with A. Sherrod Blakely
Dec 28, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the recent firing of Avery Johnson by the Brooklyn Nets, and where they go from here in terms of finding a replacement that will live up to the extremely high expectations that management has for this team, whether justified or not.
We take a look at the Clippers impressive play that doesn’t seem to have an end in sight, after a blowout win over the Celtics on Thursday earned the team its 15th straight win.
We then look at the week’s flagrant fouls involving Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade, and J.R. Smith, and discuss the punishment that went along with them — or the lack thereof, as was the case for Smith’s hit on Goran Dragic.
All that plus a conversation with A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England to determine the state of the Boston Celtics.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 1
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 13
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 42
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29