PBT Podcast: Nets coaching search, Clippers win streak, flagrant fouls, and Celtics talk with A. Sherrod Blakely
Dec 28, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the recent firing of Avery Johnson by the Brooklyn Nets, and where they go from here in terms of finding a replacement that will live up to the extremely high expectations that management has for this team, whether justified or not.
We take a look at the Clippers impressive play that doesn’t seem to have an end in sight, after a blowout win over the Celtics on Thursday earned the team its 15th straight win.
We then look at the week’s flagrant fouls involving Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade, and J.R. Smith, and discuss the punishment that went along with them — or the lack thereof, as was the case for Smith’s hit on Goran Dragic.
All that plus a conversation with A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England to determine the state of the Boston Celtics.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 2
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 30
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 24
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 8
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 50
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (80)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay