PBT Podcast: Nets coaching search, Clippers win streak, flagrant fouls, and Celtics talk with A. Sherrod Blakely
Dec 28, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the recent firing of Avery Johnson by the Brooklyn Nets, and where they go from here in terms of finding a replacement that will live up to the extremely high expectations that management has for this team, whether justified or not.
We take a look at the Clippers impressive play that doesn’t seem to have an end in sight, after a blowout win over the Celtics on Thursday earned the team its 15th straight win.
We then look at the week’s flagrant fouls involving Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade, and J.R. Smith, and discuss the punishment that went along with them — or the lack thereof, as was the case for Smith’s hit on Goran Dragic.
All that plus a conversation with A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England to determine the state of the Boston Celtics.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 1
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 7
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 16
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)