PBT Podcast: Nets coaching search, Clippers win streak, flagrant fouls, and Celtics talk with A. Sherrod Blakely
Dec 28, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the recent firing of Avery Johnson by the Brooklyn Nets, and where they go from here in terms of finding a replacement that will live up to the extremely high expectations that management has for this team, whether justified or not.
We take a look at the Clippers impressive play that doesn’t seem to have an end in sight, after a blowout win over the Celtics on Thursday earned the team its 15th straight win.
We then look at the week’s flagrant fouls involving Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade, and J.R. Smith, and discuss the punishment that went along with them — or the lack thereof, as was the case for Smith’s hit on Goran Dragic.
All that plus a conversation with A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England to determine the state of the Boston Celtics.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- With lower-than-expected salary cap, will Rockets and Pelicans still complete Omer Asik trade? 14
- Reports: LeBron James and agent done meeting with teams 71
- Rockets can’t keep Dwight Howard, James Harden and Chandler Parsons and give Chris Bosh max contract 44
- Donald Sterling in court calls wife “pig,” promises to sue NBA “until I die” 39
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 86
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 40
- Gregg Popovich agrees to extension with Spurs, likely stays past Tim Duncan era 30
- Report: Cavaliers want to swing Kevin Love trade if LeBron James comes to town 51