PBT Podcast: Nets coaching search, Clippers win streak, flagrant fouls, and Celtics talk with A. Sherrod Blakely
Dec 28, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the recent firing of Avery Johnson by the Brooklyn Nets, and where they go from here in terms of finding a replacement that will live up to the extremely high expectations that management has for this team, whether justified or not.
We take a look at the Clippers impressive play that doesn’t seem to have an end in sight, after a blowout win over the Celtics on Thursday earned the team its 15th straight win.
We then look at the week’s flagrant fouls involving Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade, and J.R. Smith, and discuss the punishment that went along with them — or the lack thereof, as was the case for Smith’s hit on Goran Dragic.
All that plus a conversation with A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England to determine the state of the Boston Celtics.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15