Dec 28, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like I love turkey leftovers…
• Isiah Thomas does a great piece for NBA.com looking at the idea of big vs. small NBA point guards, how that and positions in general are evolving around the Association.
• Who is playing big in the NBA (Grizzlies, Clippers and others), who is playing small (Miami) and who is flirting with that line in terms of style and personnel? Kevin Arnovitz does a great job breaking all 30 teams down over at ESPN.
• Arnovitz has been on fire the past week, he had a great look at the momentum of the Clippers winning streak.
• One of the things the Lakers are doing well is letting Pau Gasol initiate the offense at times and using Steve Nash to set screens. Here’s a great breakdown of what they are doing right at Forum Blue & Gold.
• A little late to this party, but Christmas wishes for all 30 NBA teams as written by bloggers.
• Greivis Vasquez and former NBA player Jordan Farmar are two of the professional athletes that will be on a new HGTV reality show “Scoring the Deal,” which follows Jason Abrams and his team as they get athletes new homes in new cities. I’ll own up here and say I love “International House Hunters” and this is that premise, sort of. It debuts January 8, 2013 at 11:00pm and 11:30pm ET/PT.
• Finally, Santa Claus was doing some dunks at the Bulls game on Christmas and had a little incident:
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42