Dec 28, 2012, 8:25 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like I love turkey leftovers…
• Isiah Thomas does a great piece for NBA.com looking at the idea of big vs. small NBA point guards, how that and positions in general are evolving around the Association.
• Who is playing big in the NBA (Grizzlies, Clippers and others), who is playing small (Miami) and who is flirting with that line in terms of style and personnel? Kevin Arnovitz does a great job breaking all 30 teams down over at ESPN.
• Arnovitz has been on fire the past week, he had a great look at the momentum of the Clippers winning streak.
• One of the things the Lakers are doing well is letting Pau Gasol initiate the offense at times and using Steve Nash to set screens. Here’s a great breakdown of what they are doing right at Forum Blue & Gold.
• A little late to this party, but Christmas wishes for all 30 NBA teams as written by bloggers.
• Greivis Vasquez and former NBA player Jordan Farmar are two of the professional athletes that will be on a new HGTV reality show “Scoring the Deal,” which follows Jason Abrams and his team as they get athletes new homes in new cities. I’ll own up here and say I love “International House Hunters” and this is that premise, sort of. It debuts January 8, 2013 at 11:00pm and 11:30pm ET/PT.
• Finally, Santa Claus was doing some dunks at the Bulls game on Christmas and had a little incident:
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 3
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 16
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12