Dec 28, 2012, 2:58 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony will miss his second straight game due to the knee injury he suffered in the Knicks’ Christmas Day loss to the Lakers in Los Angeles.
New York will be without Anthony’s services in Sacramento on Friday, and would not guarantee that the team’s leading scorer would be back in the lineup for the game after that, against Portland at home on Jan. 1.
Melo spoke to the media for the first time since Tuesday, saying his knee swelled up on the plane ride from Los Angeles to Phoenix. He added he was barely able to walk yesterday, but claims he has no structural damage and is not going to undergo an MRI.
The decision not to undergo the MRI is a curious one, because why wouldn’t you, just as a precaution?
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 0
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89