Dec 28, 2012, 2:58 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony will miss his second straight game due to the knee injury he suffered in the Knicks’ Christmas Day loss to the Lakers in Los Angeles.
New York will be without Anthony’s services in Sacramento on Friday, and would not guarantee that the team’s leading scorer would be back in the lineup for the game after that, against Portland at home on Jan. 1.
Melo spoke to the media for the first time since Tuesday, saying his knee swelled up on the plane ride from Los Angeles to Phoenix. He added he was barely able to walk yesterday, but claims he has no structural damage and is not going to undergo an MRI.
The decision not to undergo the MRI is a curious one, because why wouldn’t you, just as a precaution?
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 7
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 46
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 68
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 34
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8