Dec 28, 2012, 2:58 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony will miss his second straight game due to the knee injury he suffered in the Knicks’ Christmas Day loss to the Lakers in Los Angeles.
New York will be without Anthony’s services in Sacramento on Friday, and would not guarantee that the team’s leading scorer would be back in the lineup for the game after that, against Portland at home on Jan. 1.
Melo spoke to the media for the first time since Tuesday, saying his knee swelled up on the plane ride from Los Angeles to Phoenix. He added he was barely able to walk yesterday, but claims he has no structural damage and is not going to undergo an MRI.
The decision not to undergo the MRI is a curious one, because why wouldn’t you, just as a precaution?
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 13
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 94
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 10
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17