Dec 28, 2012, 2:58 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony will miss his second straight game due to the knee injury he suffered in the Knicks’ Christmas Day loss to the Lakers in Los Angeles.
New York will be without Anthony’s services in Sacramento on Friday, and would not guarantee that the team’s leading scorer would be back in the lineup for the game after that, against Portland at home on Jan. 1.
Melo spoke to the media for the first time since Tuesday, saying his knee swelled up on the plane ride from Los Angeles to Phoenix. He added he was barely able to walk yesterday, but claims he has no structural damage and is not going to undergo an MRI.
The decision not to undergo the MRI is a curious one, because why wouldn’t you, just as a precaution?
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 4
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 27
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31