Dec 28, 2012, 2:58 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony will miss his second straight game due to the knee injury he suffered in the Knicks’ Christmas Day loss to the Lakers in Los Angeles.
New York will be without Anthony’s services in Sacramento on Friday, and would not guarantee that the team’s leading scorer would be back in the lineup for the game after that, against Portland at home on Jan. 1.
Melo spoke to the media for the first time since Tuesday, saying his knee swelled up on the plane ride from Los Angeles to Phoenix. He added he was barely able to walk yesterday, but claims he has no structural damage and is not going to undergo an MRI.
The decision not to undergo the MRI is a curious one, because why wouldn’t you, just as a precaution?
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 32
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 20
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14