Dec 28, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
The Cleveland Cavaliers have a two-game winning streak — when you have won 7 games all season that’s a big deal.
But it may be hard to pick up wins on the weekend back-to-back of hosting Atlanta then traveling to Brooklyn because the Cavaliers will be without Anderson Varejao for both games, tweets the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
These will be the fourth and fifth games Varejao has missed with a knee contusion.
Varejao is having an All-Star level year for the Cavaliers, averaging 14.1 points and 14.4 rebounds a game. He has a PER of 22.2 and while the fans will not vote the Brazilian on to the team he will be a serious consideration for coaches filling out the rest of the roster.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 15
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 16
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80