Dec 28, 2012, 1:16 PM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers have a two-game winning streak — when you have won 7 games all season that’s a big deal.
But it may be hard to pick up wins on the weekend back-to-back of hosting Atlanta then traveling to Brooklyn because the Cavaliers will be without Anderson Varejao for both games, tweets the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
These will be the fourth and fifth games Varejao has missed with a knee contusion.
Varejao is having an All-Star level year for the Cavaliers, averaging 14.1 points and 14.4 rebounds a game. He has a PER of 22.2 and while the fans will not vote the Brazilian on to the team he will be a serious consideration for coaches filling out the rest of the roster.
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 2
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 6
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60