Dec 28, 2012, 1:16 PM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers have a two-game winning streak — when you have won 7 games all season that’s a big deal.
But it may be hard to pick up wins on the weekend back-to-back of hosting Atlanta then traveling to Brooklyn because the Cavaliers will be without Anderson Varejao for both games, tweets the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
These will be the fourth and fifth games Varejao has missed with a knee contusion.
Varejao is having an All-Star level year for the Cavaliers, averaging 14.1 points and 14.4 rebounds a game. He has a PER of 22.2 and while the fans will not vote the Brazilian on to the team he will be a serious consideration for coaches filling out the rest of the roster.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 21
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 37
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 56
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28