Dec 28, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
The Cleveland Cavaliers have a two-game winning streak — when you have won 7 games all season that’s a big deal.
But it may be hard to pick up wins on the weekend back-to-back of hosting Atlanta then traveling to Brooklyn because the Cavaliers will be without Anderson Varejao for both games, tweets the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
These will be the fourth and fifth games Varejao has missed with a knee contusion.
Varejao is having an All-Star level year for the Cavaliers, averaging 14.1 points and 14.4 rebounds a game. He has a PER of 22.2 and while the fans will not vote the Brazilian on to the team he will be a serious consideration for coaches filling out the rest of the roster.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 2
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 5
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 16
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34