Dec 28, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
The Cleveland Cavaliers have a two-game winning streak — when you have won 7 games all season that’s a big deal.
But it may be hard to pick up wins on the weekend back-to-back of hosting Atlanta then traveling to Brooklyn because the Cavaliers will be without Anderson Varejao for both games, tweets the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
These will be the fourth and fifth games Varejao has missed with a knee contusion.
Varejao is having an All-Star level year for the Cavaliers, averaging 14.1 points and 14.4 rebounds a game. He has a PER of 22.2 and while the fans will not vote the Brazilian on to the team he will be a serious consideration for coaches filling out the rest of the roster.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 0
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 6
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 13
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4