Video: Dwyane Wade kicks Ramon Sessions in the… er… groin

Dec 27, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT

Dwyane Wade tries to play this off as unintentional, but you watch that video and tell me he didn’t just try to kick Ramon Sessions in the place a man least wants to be kicked on Wednesday night. To use the hockey terminology, is that a “distinct kicking motion?”

I’ll say this — Sessions reacted a lot more calmly than I would have if somebody did that to me on the playground.

I’m not sure the league will take notice of this — they already have the Dwight Howard foul to the face and J.R. Smith’s cheap sideswipe of Goran Dragic to review on Thursday — but I couldn’t just let this one go unnoticed. That is a cheap play by Wade, intentional or not.

1. abchome - Dec 27, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Clearly intentional, just dirty as usual. Hopefully the league would do something.

• zerole00 - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM

No way man, people always lift their leg 2 feet off the ground when they’re dribbling.

• zerole00 - Dec 27, 2012 at 2:30 PM

That was sarcasm for people who didn’t recognize it.

2. shanelsweet - Dec 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Wade was trying to catch his balance while maintaining control of the ball after a foul be Sessions. You can see that while he was kicking out with his left foot that he’s on his tippy toe on his right foot and moving away from Sessions. Sort of like the athletic move a gymnast on the balance beam makes to regain balance.

• shanelsweet - Dec 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM

“by” not “be”

• zerole00 - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Yes because when you’re barely jogging it’s real hard to come to a complete stop. Are you stupid?

• dannymac17 - Dec 27, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Wow, obviously a heat fan defending wads cowardly actions. you are just as stupid as he is.

• pglive21 - Dec 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM

You must be delusional. If he wanted to maintain his balance he wouldn’t have kicked out his left leg and would have ended up on two feet. Learn how to watch a video.

3. pudgalvin - Dec 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I don’t think he meant specifically to kick him in the balls, but I do think he swung his leg to make extra contact. Dwayne Wade is a real turd.

• musilly - Dec 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Exactly my reaction. That’s how Wade can justify (to himself, if nobody else) that his action wasn’t “intentional.”

Sessions: Dwayne. What was that stuff about?
      Wade: I didn’t mean to do it.
      S: “It?” You mean, kick my groin?
      W: I didn’t mean it. Er. I mean, I only meant to kick you–not the groin specifically, just the upper thigh maybe–in order to generate extra contact in order to compensate for my diminishing athleticism. At this point, I need to rely more on “wily” veteran moves. I’m no kid anymore. I gotta play more like Kidd.
      S: Oh, okay cool. Can I get your autograph? You were awesome, just awesome in the 2006 Finals man. My daughter loves those commercials too.

4. louhudson23 - Dec 27, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Considering there were fools actually saying they couldn’t determine Ron Artest’s intention in attempting to decapitate James Harden this is a pretty mild defense of a clearly intentional action…

5. michaeljordanseviltwin - Dec 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Intentional. I love Dwyane Wade and his edginess but this is just a dirty damn play. I’d say a couple game suspension is in order.

PS Shut up with your balance BS. These guys know exactly what they’re doing. They are world class athletes and are in control/aware of their bodies at all times.

6. davidly - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Damn, I just gave props on another thread to two guys with the biggest punk-moves of the night. I take it all back, I tell ya!

7. realninerfan22 - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Haha. All u haters. Rich, great b ball player, father, has way more swag then all u loser, and not to mention he has one of the baddest females in the U.S. Continue to hate haters. Suspension??.. Children please…

• manchestermiracle - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Calling out a jackass who thinks anyone trying to play defense on him should be kicked is hardly hating. A pretty childish comment on your part.

• scrot7 - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Thank you for this extremely intelligent and well thought out comment (not to mention the grammatical elegance).

• dannymac17 - Dec 27, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Before, I used to be on the side of getting Teachers more money, more education for the kids.

But with retards like you, I can’t justify giving people like you any type of higher education.

“He has more swag than you”

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

• lmoneyfresh - Dec 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I dunno man. That swag argument really swayed my opinion.

Seriously though, I love how this chode cited every possible attribute that has nothing to do with this situation.

“He’s too swaggy to kick an opponent in the junk, plus his lady is hot…fact!”

8. cantonbound13 - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Someone needs to punch this little punk in the mouth. Dirtiest player in the league. Then he whines & complains after he flops. Hard to root for a punk like that.

• basketballhooper1 - Dec 27, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Honestly, this guy keeps making dirty plays all the time. Dislocating Rondo’s elbow, breaking Kobe’s nose, flagrant foul on Collison… the list goes on.

• trollaikman8 - Dec 27, 2012 at 3:01 PM

This is why Wade doesn’t get the league-wide respect that he wants. Dude is a punk and a flopper.

• thenmoveback - Dec 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Doesn’t get respect? Check the all star voting he is fifth overall in the whole NBA. I’m a big wade fan always have been and yeah he was trying for a foul on the play (which every nba players does) but u can clearly see by his reaction and how he tried to explain himself to Session he wasn’t aiming for his man zone just hoping for an easy foul.

9. manchestermiracle - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM

‘Tis the season: Dwyane “The Nutcracker” Wade.

10. ixepex - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

He has the balls to stand there and talk smack afterwards. Wade has proven himself to be a world class punk.

11. skizzy79 - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I think that he was about to try and flop his way into a foul call so he was flailing his body in anticipation of the contact. He is a crybaby and whines to the refs a lot but I never pegged him as dirty. Verdict: 1 game suspension for pre-flopping which compromised the well being of another man’s nutsack

12. bils293 - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM

i would love to meet cantonbound one day…biggest troll on the internet

• cantonbound13 - Dec 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I’ll meet you where ever you want keyboard tough guy.

• dannymac17 - Dec 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM

We know neither or you would do anything since you are both built like a couple chihuahuas

• cantonbound13 - Dec 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I’m 6’5 255 with 8% body fat. I was a bouncer for at some of the best clubs in South beach. I can handle myself, don’t you worry. I’ve tossed many little punks like you on their butts.

• blueintown - Dec 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM

^ No you’re not, no you weren’t, no you can’t, and no you haven’t.

• dannymac17 - Dec 31, 2012 at 2:45 PM

canton just described the internet version of himself.

the real him is 5’6, 140 pounds soaking wet, works at a pet store and never been to a club cause they dont allow pocket protectors in the club.

13. dirtydavis - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM

FTP!!!

14. blueintown - Dec 27, 2012 at 10:56 AM

“That is a cheap play by Wade, intentional or not.”

What? If it’s unintentional, how is it a cheap play? The whole point of the post is to expose the act. The article should have ended with “That is a cheap play by Wade.”

15. 1972wasalongtimeago - Dec 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Where’s the video of Gerald Henderson pulling a JR Smith on LeBron in the first half of the game?

• southbeachtalent - Dec 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM

ahhh you know it’s LeBron. That kind of stuff is ok. Now if the tables were turned this would be an 8 page rant on how horrible of a human LeBron is.

As far as the kick.. come on the guy didn’t even wince, I don’t know about some of you guys but I have balls and if that kick would have landed he’d be on the ground. It’s a story cause it’s Wade.

Great game by Wade……. needs to work on the follow through….

• tfoz5150 - Dec 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM

You’ve got to open your eyes about this guy one day. He’s been pullin this primadonna crap ever since LBJ signed on to play there. He is a total punk. I used to respect the guy, but he’s just bush league anymore.

• rtfinch - Dec 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Next to the video of Lebrons high elbow on Granger.

16. Tim_Gilmour - Dec 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Why does this dude never get ejected?

• lmoneyfresh - Dec 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I’m honestly shocked that they let the 2 of them jaw it out a bit. Usually the refs are breaking that up right away.

17. leeeroooyjeeenkiiins - Dec 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

The league won’t do anything because they don’t want to ruin Wade’s baffling reputation as a classy player. How people ever came to that conclusion blows my mind to this day, as he’s always been dirty and honestly doesn’t even hide it all that well.

18. tmdill18 - Dec 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Wade is a good sport when everything is rolling his way. But when it isn’t, he is the biggest crybaby punk in the NBA. He is not handling his decline in skills very well. More of this to come over the next 2 years as his skills rapidly decline. His game relies heavily on athletic superiority. As that is clearly fading – so is his game.

19. bougin89 - Dec 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Wade has quite the history of cheap shot plays like this.

• lmoneyfresh - Dec 27, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Rondo’s elbow endorses this statement.

• cantonbound13 - Dec 27, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Don’t forget about Collison in the playoff series vs the Pacers

20. savvybynature - Dec 27, 2012 at 12:38 PM

What a classless punk. I don’t wish ill will on anyone, but should Wade end up hurt this season I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it either.

21. thundersandpackers - Dec 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM

They get all the calls their way. floopiest team in the league with the refs help.
    I cant stand the heats especially crybaby wade.

22. jesweeney11 - Dec 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I cannot for the life of me figure out why hasn’t someone gone all Tonya Harding on him. Ok, maybe a bit harsh as I don’t want him hurt. Though, he is hitting the ground every time he steps into the paint the next game. I mean you are the Bobcats and all you have to play for is pride. Dude, would have more dirt on his uniform than the mops.

He by far is the most classless dude that actually has game. I expect dirty play from Niche players who are trying to stick on a team, but it has been some time since the NBA has had an absolute dirty diva like this.

23. dangernearing - Dec 27, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Punk move by a punk player. Suspend for a gm or two. His misconduct is getting to be a bit much.

24. blueintown - Dec 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Did people get this mad when Karl Malone did this every single game he ever played?

• progress2011 - Dec 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM

we got us a softer generation Blue.

The young folk can’t do anything for themselves and if they attempt to and fail, its ALWAYS someones fault…NEVER theirs.

I look at the fat, mushy, goofy kids these days, they’ve never played outdoors, fell and scraped their knee or got a busted nose.

They figure they are exercising by playing a video game, pretending they are outdoors playing the sport, that their parents spent $300+ to purchase…instead of actually buying them a bike, tennis racket, basketball etc.

Just a SOFT generation….so, I’m not surprised they consider a little bump, flop, whatever you want to call it….a major offense!!!!

Spades are Spades !!!!

• Kurt Helin - Dec 27, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Funny, our parents said that about us, and the generation before them said that and so on and so on all the way to ancient Greek writings. Seriously.

• tfoz5150 - Dec 28, 2012 at 1:36 AM

The guy kicked him in the junk. You need to wake up about this guy. He’s messed up.

• blueintown - Dec 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Progress – what does that diatribe have to do with D-Wade kicking people in the nuts?

25. russellbandingo - Dec 27, 2012 at 3:41 PM

He definitely intentionally kicked his leg up, but he obviously was not going for his balls. He was not even looking that direction. It is a classic NBA move to kick your leg out to try to draw a foul. Wade definitely kicked intentionally, but to say he was aiming for his nuts is really pushing it.

• tfoz5150 - Dec 28, 2012 at 1:38 AM

He doesn’t care if he hit him there or not. He’s just reckless. He’s a total Diva to his core. Someone needs to straighten him out.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches