Dec 27, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
That is just fun.
It’s time to talk about Stephen Curry the All-Star. As in should he make the team? The fans are not going to vote him in, so this would have to be a coach’s choice. Curry is scoring 20.3 points per game and dishing out 6.4 assists per game, is shooting 43.9 percent from three and has led the Warriors to a 19-10 record. He has a PER of 18.9 and should be in the conversations.
The problem is the West is deep with backcourt guys. The fans will vote Kobe Bryant and Chris Paul to start (baring some miracle) and you can’t really argue that L.A. backcourt (David Stern stopped it from being the Lakers backcourt, remember).
After them probably three other guards get the call. Can you pick Curry over James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker or O.J. Mayo? To me Harden and Westbrook are locks, or should be. Which means a whole lot of very deserving players are on the bubble for the fifth spot. Personally, I’d take Tony Parker over Curry, but it’s not out of the question to give Golden State its first All-Star player since roughly Chester A. Arthur was president.
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 93
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit 83
- If Spurs win, Tony Parker should be the Finals MVP 24
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (94)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'