Stephen Curry’s fantastic drive, circus shot vs. Jazz

Dec 27, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT

That is just fun.

It’s time to talk about Stephen Curry the All-Star. As in should he make the team? The fans are not going to vote him in, so this would have to be a coach’s choice. Curry is scoring 20.3 points per game and dishing out 6.4 assists per game, is shooting 43.9 percent from three and has led the Warriors to a 19-10 record. He has a PER of 18.9 and should be in the conversations.

The problem is the West is deep with backcourt guys. The fans will vote Kobe Bryant and Chris Paul to start (baring some miracle) and you can’t really argue that L.A. backcourt (David Stern stopped it from being the Lakers backcourt, remember).

After them probably three other guards get the call. Can you pick Curry over James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker or O.J. Mayo? To me Harden and Westbrook are locks, or should be. Which means a whole lot of very deserving players are on the bubble for the fifth spot. Personally, I’d take Tony Parker over Curry, but it’s not out of the question to give Golden State its first All-Star player since roughly Chester A. Arthur was president.

1. dunkindan - Dec 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Big Warriors fan here and no doubt I love Curry to death. But Kurt, I haven’t missed a game yet and Curry and David Lee are both having All Star type of years. Curry, Klay Thompson and David Lee compliment each other very well and open the floor. I really think that with the great rookie class and the great FA signings of Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry, the dubs can go deep. The Warriors are 19-10 without him and everybody and their mom knows the playoff run will depend on IF and WHEN Andrew Bogut can return. Fortunately I think Bogut is a real gamer and the transition will be easy once he’s back in shape.

Monta you were fun to watch!

BRush looking forward to seeing you next year!

Go Warriors!

2. diehardcubbiefan4life - Dec 27, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Love it. I hope he stays healthy for the rest of his career, because he can clearly be a perennial all star when on the court

3. progress2011 - Dec 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Young fella got GAME !!!

Steph is one of my favorite players to watch. His movements are effortless and so smooth, defenders don’t even realize, they are being shaken and stirred, until it’s too late….ahahahaha

Because he has been kinda fragile though, I hold my breath the entire time I watch him play.

4. EvanZ - Dec 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I’m a Warriors fan, so pulling for Steph. But if they only take 5 guards, I don’t see him making it. Harden and Westbrook are definitely locks. Parker would probably get it over Curry.

5. captainwisdom8888 - Dec 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM

After Curry bounces the ball behind his back, count the # of steps taken to the rim…1..2..3. I know you don’t want to hear this, but that doesn’t change the fact that the guy walked. And yes, I’m aware that they don’t call such “walks” in the NBA often and it made for a more entertaining moment for the fans to behold.

If refs decided they would enforce fouls like they enforce walks, that is…not at all, than that would surely make for quite an entertaining experience..

• dko83 - Dec 27, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I actually did want to hear that.

6. progress2011 - Dec 27, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Good catch 8888,

He did in-fact take 3 steps. BUT it wasn’t blatant because I didn’t see it until they slowed it down on the second angle.

On the first angle, Stephs entire body is hidden by the much bigger player. So, if a ref didn’t have the right angle, he would not have caught it either.

Also, it’s a trade off for me. I want the game called fairly but not at the expense of taking every single play to video review. Kinda how the NFL has become. A regulation NFL games used to be approx 3 hrs. Now many are almost 4 hrs in regulation.

I got a business to run and a honey do list….I can’t justify spending the entire friggin day looking over video review.

Blow the whistle…..Play Ball…..ahahahahaha

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches