Dec 27, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
NBA fans around the globe love Kobe Bryant. Stunning, I know.
The latest update on the NBA All-Star voting is out and there are no changes among the starters for either conference — but it’s starting to get close for a few guys.
What is different is that Kobe moved past LeBron James as the top overall vote getter. Kobe — in the middle of his best season in years — has 977,444 votes, just edging out LeBron’s 970,314.
The All-Star Game is Feb. 17 in Houston. As of now, the starters voted in by the fans are:
Where it gets interesting is that Chris Bosh is just more than 20,000 votes behind Garnett for the final frontcourt spot in the East. Bosh could catch him with a push from fans.
The bigger travesty would be Jeremy Lin catching Chris Paul for the final guard starting spot in the West — Lin is just more than 46,000 votes back of Paul. Fans — I don’t care what continent you are from — Lin isn’t even the best guard on his own team, let alone deserving to start. He is not a step behind Chris Paul on the court, he’s about to be lapped by CP3. Vote Russell Westbrook if you don’t want CP3, vote for James Harden but not Lin. Don’t do this, people.
Voting is open online or at games through Jan. 14, with the fan votes choosing the starters and the rest of the team filled in by votes from team coaches. Here is where the voting stands as of now:
1. LeBron James (Mia) 970,314
2. Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 891,759
3. Kevin Garnett (Bos) 328,716
4. Chris Bosh (Mia) 308,194
5. Tyson Chandler (NYK) 260,000
6. Paul Pierce (Bos) 171,601
7. Joakim Noah (Chi) 129,331
8. Josh Smith (Atl) 111,260
9. Anderson Varejao (Cle) 99,955
10. Amar’e Stoudemire (NYK) 90,996
1. Dwyane Wade (Mia) 645,875
2. Rajon Rondo (Bos) 574,272
3. Deron Williams (BKN) 309,778
4. Kyrie Irving (Cle) 258,193
5. Ray Allen (Mia) 195,142
6. Monta Ellis (Mil) 71,287
7. Raymond Felton (NYK) 66,745
8. Jrue Holiday (Phi) 56,683
9. Jason Terry (Bos) 52,833
10. Brandon Jennings (Mil) 49,122
1. Kevin Durant (OKC) 924,898
2. Dwight Howard (LAL) 616,150
3. Blake Griffin (LAC) 489,795
4. Tim Duncan (SA) 299,434
5. Pau Gasol (LAL) 197,377
6. Kevin Love (Min) 189,949
7. Omer Asik (Hou) 131,002
8. Rudy Gay (Mem) 125,562
9. Serge Ibaka (OKC) 111,963
10. Marc Gasol (Mem) 99,271
1. Kobe Bryant (LAL) 977,444
2. Chris Paul (LAC) 542,564
3. Jeremy Lin (Hou) 496,133
4. James Harden (Hou) 283,691
5. Russell Westbrook (OKC) 232,074
6. Steve Nash (LAL) 166,262
7. Tony Parker (SA) 111,032
8. Ricky Rubio (Min) 96,466
9. Stephen Curry (GS) 78,380
10. Manu Ginobili (SA) 70,813
Oct 25, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Oct 25, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Lineup data shows Green greatly improves his team’s chances when playing with the starters.
Oct 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Is Stephenson ready for responsibility that comes with going from Pacers to Hornets?
Oct 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
No surprise, and Lakers fans feel the same way.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
It might be because short of an insane offer of a max deal, Thompson would rather take his chances as a restricted free agent next summer.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Nice job of McCallum to stay active on a play where he had already missed a shot.
Oct 25, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Will Thomas make Kings regret choosing Darren Collison over him?
Oct 25, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Thunder will be very short-handed the first month of the regular season.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s far from guaranteed that they will use it.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
And it was probably the smartest possible play
Oct 24, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
76ers forwent any guaranteed salary to hit free agency sooner
Oct 24, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Bucks point guard Nate Wolters makes heads-up play
Oct 24, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
Can’t say I ever pictured that.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
This is a minor trade, even in Sam Hinkie’s world.
Oct 24, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
Clippers owner affirms reputation
Byron Scott says Lakers may need to trade for point guard. For now, Ronnie Price starts, Jeremy Lin off bench.
Oct 24, 2014, 4:41 PM EDT
Expect the Lakers to try and trade for a point guard… no, not Rajon Rondo.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Nash was everything we want as a fan in an NBA player.
Report: Tobias Harris won’t sign contract extension, would get Nike bonus by playing in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles
Oct 24, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Could forward leave the Magic in 2016?
Oct 24, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The NBA is full of talent, personality and suspense. During the offseason, It’s easy to forget how wonderful the league can be. So, I’ve assembled 67 Reasons I’m Excited For Next Season (67RIEFNS). They’ll be presented in no particular order. JaVale McGee played just five games last year after injuring his leg. How did we…
Oct 24, 2014, 2:18 PM EDT
Varejao the better choice, but Cleveland should be careful here
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 20
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70