Dec 27, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
Finally, the Hornets could get Eric Gordon back on the court.
The two guard expected to be part of the future of the franchise along with No. 1 overall pick Anthony Davis (notice how Austin Rivers is not in that conversation anymore) has missed the entire season due to pain in his knee. But Gordon has been back practicing with the team and coach Monty Williams told the Times-Picayune Gordon could play this weekend.
“If I had to guess it would be Saturday against Charlotte,’’ Williams said before Wednesday night’s game against the Orlando Magic. “A lot of that is me, and we want to make sure that we bring him back when he’s in a lot better shape. He’s spent so much time rehabbing and getting his quad stronger, but we have to make sure he’s in a good place before he comes back.’’
Gordon has been out all of this season rehabbing his knee injury, one that caused him to miss all but 10 games of last season as well. Since coming to New Orleans as the key piece in the trade that sent Chris Paul out Gordon has done little on the court — but he did sign a max offer sheet with Phoenix while saying that was where his heart really was.
He’s got a lot of work to do to repair his relationship with the New Orleans fans — fans don’t care much for the business side of sports and why Gordon said what he did. How he does that is go out, play hard and play well. He was seen as a key part of the Clippers future, the best young two guard in the game before his injury. He needs to play like that again.
If he does, New Orleans has a bright future. We will see what happens… starting Saturday. Maybe.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11