Dec 27, 2012, 9:50 AM EST
Finally, the Hornets could get Eric Gordon back on the court.
The two guard expected to be part of the future of the franchise along with No. 1 overall pick Anthony Davis (notice how Austin Rivers is not in that conversation anymore) has missed the entire season due to pain in his knee. But Gordon has been back practicing with the team and coach Monty Williams told the Times-Picayune Gordon could play this weekend.
“If I had to guess it would be Saturday against Charlotte,’’ Williams said before Wednesday night’s game against the Orlando Magic. “A lot of that is me, and we want to make sure that we bring him back when he’s in a lot better shape. He’s spent so much time rehabbing and getting his quad stronger, but we have to make sure he’s in a good place before he comes back.’’
Gordon has been out all of this season rehabbing his knee injury, one that caused him to miss all but 10 games of last season as well. Since coming to New Orleans as the key piece in the trade that sent Chris Paul out Gordon has done little on the court — but he did sign a max offer sheet with Phoenix while saying that was where his heart really was.
He’s got a lot of work to do to repair his relationship with the New Orleans fans — fans don’t care much for the business side of sports and why Gordon said what he did. How he does that is go out, play hard and play well. He was seen as a key part of the Clippers future, the best young two guard in the game before his injury. He needs to play like that again.
If he does, New Orleans has a bright future. We will see what happens… starting Saturday. Maybe.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City canceled 1
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 23
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)