Dec 27, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
The league was more generous in describing Wade’s actions, saying the suspension was “for flailing his leg and making contact with the groin of” Sessions.
But let’s be honest here — Wade kicked Sessions where it counts, and it was absolutely intentional.
If you have any doubts, just watch the play unfold in slow motion. No way that was a necessary move that was forced by the initial contact, and the league rightfully saw it for what it was.
Miami pulled away late to hand Charlotte its 16th consecutive loss, but this was just a four-point game when this went down with 8:12 remaining in the fourth quarter. The frustration Wade might have felt given the score and situation may have also played into the way he was punished.
Wade will miss the Heat’s next game, which takes place against the Pistons in Detroit on Friday.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 3
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 15
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 4
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 46
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23