Dec 27, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
The league was more generous in describing Wade’s actions, saying the suspension was “for flailing his leg and making contact with the groin of” Sessions.
But let’s be honest here — Wade kicked Sessions where it counts, and it was absolutely intentional.
If you have any doubts, just watch the play unfold in slow motion. No way that was a necessary move that was forced by the initial contact, and the league rightfully saw it for what it was.
Miami pulled away late to hand Charlotte its 16th consecutive loss, but this was just a four-point game when this went down with 8:12 remaining in the fourth quarter. The frustration Wade might have felt given the score and situation may have also played into the way he was punished.
Wade will miss the Heat’s next game, which takes place against the Pistons in Detroit on Friday.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 10
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 25
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9