Dec 27, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
The league was more generous in describing Wade’s actions, saying the suspension was “for flailing his leg and making contact with the groin of” Sessions.
But let’s be honest here — Wade kicked Sessions where it counts, and it was absolutely intentional.
If you have any doubts, just watch the play unfold in slow motion. No way that was a necessary move that was forced by the initial contact, and the league rightfully saw it for what it was.
Miami pulled away late to hand Charlotte its 16th consecutive loss, but this was just a four-point game when this went down with 8:12 remaining in the fourth quarter. The frustration Wade might have felt given the score and situation may have also played into the way he was punished.
Wade will miss the Heat’s next game, which takes place against the Pistons in Detroit on Friday.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 7
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 47
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 72
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 40
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3