Dec 27, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
The league was more generous in describing Wade’s actions, saying the suspension was “for flailing his leg and making contact with the groin of” Sessions.
But let’s be honest here — Wade kicked Sessions where it counts, and it was absolutely intentional.
If you have any doubts, just watch the play unfold in slow motion. No way that was a necessary move that was forced by the initial contact, and the league rightfully saw it for what it was.
Miami pulled away late to hand Charlotte its 16th consecutive loss, but this was just a four-point game when this went down with 8:12 remaining in the fourth quarter. The frustration Wade might have felt given the score and situation may have also played into the way he was punished.
Wade will miss the Heat’s next game, which takes place against the Pistons in Detroit on Friday.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 0
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 24
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 18
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 25
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 28
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 38
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29