Dec 27, 2012, 11:22 PM EDT
Darren Collison had his best game of the season for the Mavs in Oklahoma City on Thursday, finishing with a team-high 32 points in 40 minutes, while dominating the action for his team offensively.
It wasn’t enough to keep Dallas from being beaten by the Thunder in overtime, but without Collison’s buzzer-beating heroics, Dallas wouldn’t have even had the chance to win in the extra session.
Collison receives the pass from Marion just beyond the three-point arc, and knowing that time wasn’t exactly on his side, he heaves the ball with one hand off one leg towards the basket.
Somehow, Collison launched the shot before the final buzzer sounded, and it managed to find the bottom of the net, so the game was headed to overtime due to the most improbable of circumstances.
It was a crazy bucket, but given Collison’s breakout performance, on a night where most of the plays he was involved with seemed to go his way, maybe we shouldn’t have been surprised.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 37
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5