Dec 27, 2012, 11:22 PM EDT
Darren Collison had his best game of the season for the Mavs in Oklahoma City on Thursday, finishing with a team-high 32 points in 40 minutes, while dominating the action for his team offensively.
It wasn’t enough to keep Dallas from being beaten by the Thunder in overtime, but without Collison’s buzzer-beating heroics, Dallas wouldn’t have even had the chance to win in the extra session.
Collison receives the pass from Marion just beyond the three-point arc, and knowing that time wasn’t exactly on his side, he heaves the ball with one hand off one leg towards the basket.
Somehow, Collison launched the shot before the final buzzer sounded, and it managed to find the bottom of the net, so the game was headed to overtime due to the most improbable of circumstances.
It was a crazy bucket, but given Collison’s breakout performance, on a night where most of the plays he was involved with seemed to go his way, maybe we shouldn’t have been surprised.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 0
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48