Dec 27, 2012, 11:22 PM EDT
Darren Collison had his best game of the season for the Mavs in Oklahoma City on Thursday, finishing with a team-high 32 points in 40 minutes, while dominating the action for his team offensively.
It wasn’t enough to keep Dallas from being beaten by the Thunder in overtime, but without Collison’s buzzer-beating heroics, Dallas wouldn’t have even had the chance to win in the extra session.
Collison receives the pass from Marion just beyond the three-point arc, and knowing that time wasn’t exactly on his side, he heaves the ball with one hand off one leg towards the basket.
Somehow, Collison launched the shot before the final buzzer sounded, and it managed to find the bottom of the net, so the game was headed to overtime due to the most improbable of circumstances.
It was a crazy bucket, but given Collison’s breakout performance, on a night where most of the plays he was involved with seemed to go his way, maybe we shouldn’t have been surprised.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6