Dec 27, 2012, 11:22 PM EDT
Darren Collison had his best game of the season for the Mavs in Oklahoma City on Thursday, finishing with a team-high 32 points in 40 minutes, while dominating the action for his team offensively.
It wasn’t enough to keep Dallas from being beaten by the Thunder in overtime, but without Collison’s buzzer-beating heroics, Dallas wouldn’t have even had the chance to win in the extra session.
Collison receives the pass from Marion just beyond the three-point arc, and knowing that time wasn’t exactly on his side, he heaves the ball with one hand off one leg towards the basket.
Somehow, Collison launched the shot before the final buzzer sounded, and it managed to find the bottom of the net, so the game was headed to overtime due to the most improbable of circumstances.
It was a crazy bucket, but given Collison’s breakout performance, on a night where most of the plays he was involved with seemed to go his way, maybe we shouldn’t have been surprised.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6