Dec 27, 2012, 11:22 PM EDT
Darren Collison had his best game of the season for the Mavs in Oklahoma City on Thursday, finishing with a team-high 32 points in 40 minutes, while dominating the action for his team offensively.
It wasn’t enough to keep Dallas from being beaten by the Thunder in overtime, but without Collison’s buzzer-beating heroics, Dallas wouldn’t have even had the chance to win in the extra session.
Collison receives the pass from Marion just beyond the three-point arc, and knowing that time wasn’t exactly on his side, he heaves the ball with one hand off one leg towards the basket.
Somehow, Collison launched the shot before the final buzzer sounded, and it managed to find the bottom of the net, so the game was headed to overtime due to the most improbable of circumstances.
It was a crazy bucket, but given Collison’s breakout performance, on a night where most of the plays he was involved with seemed to go his way, maybe we shouldn’t have been surprised.
- Timberwolves run newspaper ad announcing Kevin Love-Andrew Wiggins trade with Cavaliers 19
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54