Dec 27, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
Minnesota just needs to get healthy — Ricky Rubio is back but is still playing 24 minutes a night or less, Kevin Love is back from a broken hand but is battling the flu, and the nagging injury list in Minnesota goes on and on and on.
Minny also misses Chase Budinger, who was off to a fast start scoring 11.8 points a game before being knocked down with a knee injury six games into the season.
Injured swingman Chase Budinger was in the locker room Wednesday night, back from 10 days rehabilitating with his college trainer at the University of Arizona and Christmas spent at home in San Diego. He had surgery in November to repair a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee. His return? “March hopefully,” he said, “but who knows?”
I’d like to spend Christmas in San Diego one year.
If Minnesota can get their entire roster healthy and starting to click as we head into April they will be one tough out in the playoffs. The problem is they need to play better sooner in a deep West just to make the playoffs (they are currently 13-13, half a game out of the final spot in the West, a conference where the Lakers are getting healthy, the Mavericks are about to get Dirk Nowitizki back, and it’s going to get tight).
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 0
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 1
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19