Dec 27, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
We’re not sure how long it will last, but Brandon Roy is close to making his return to the Timberwolves following rehab from the seventh knee surgery of his career.
It could happen this weekend, reports Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
BRoy says he could play some Saturday if he comes through tomorrow’s back-to-back practice like he did today’s
— Jerry Zgoda(@JerryZgoda) December 27, 2012
We will see how much Roy can contribute. Before shutting it down he was playing just more than 24 minutes a night, shooting just 31.4 percent, not moving well and he had a PER of 8.6. He was not good. Look for coach Rick Adelman to really control how much run he gets.
Roy’s knees may just not be able to play NBA basketball any more, but he needed to give it one more shot he felt. This may well be that shot.
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 52
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 31