Dec 27, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
We’re not sure how long it will last, but Brandon Roy is close to making his return to the Timberwolves following rehab from the seventh knee surgery of his career.
It could happen this weekend, reports Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
BRoy says he could play some Saturday if he comes through tomorrow’s back-to-back practice like he did today’s
— Jerry Zgoda(@JerryZgoda) December 27, 2012
We will see how much Roy can contribute. Before shutting it down he was playing just more than 24 minutes a night, shooting just 31.4 percent, not moving well and he had a PER of 8.6. He was not good. Look for coach Rick Adelman to really control how much run he gets.
Roy’s knees may just not be able to play NBA basketball any more, but he needed to give it one more shot he felt. This may well be that shot.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60