Dec 27, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
We’re not sure how long it will last, but Brandon Roy is close to making his return to the Timberwolves following rehab from the seventh knee surgery of his career.
It could happen this weekend, reports Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
BRoy says he could play some Saturday if he comes through tomorrow’s back-to-back practice like he did today’s
— Jerry Zgoda(@JerryZgoda) December 27, 2012
We will see how much Roy can contribute. Before shutting it down he was playing just more than 24 minutes a night, shooting just 31.4 percent, not moving well and he had a PER of 8.6. He was not good. Look for coach Rick Adelman to really control how much run he gets.
Roy’s knees may just not be able to play NBA basketball any more, but he needed to give it one more shot he felt. This may well be that shot.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37