Dec 27, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
We’re not sure how long it will last, but Brandon Roy is close to making his return to the Timberwolves following rehab from the seventh knee surgery of his career.
It could happen this weekend, reports Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
BRoy says he could play some Saturday if he comes through tomorrow’s back-to-back practice like he did today’s
— Jerry Zgoda(@JerryZgoda) December 27, 2012
We will see how much Roy can contribute. Before shutting it down he was playing just more than 24 minutes a night, shooting just 31.4 percent, not moving well and he had a PER of 8.6. He was not good. Look for coach Rick Adelman to really control how much run he gets.
Roy’s knees may just not be able to play NBA basketball any more, but he needed to give it one more shot he felt. This may well be that shot.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 6
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10