Dec 27, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
We’re not sure how long it will last, but Brandon Roy is close to making his return to the Timberwolves following rehab from the seventh knee surgery of his career.
It could happen this weekend, reports Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
BRoy says he could play some Saturday if he comes through tomorrow’s back-to-back practice like he did today’s
— Jerry Zgoda(@JerryZgoda) December 27, 2012
We will see how much Roy can contribute. Before shutting it down he was playing just more than 24 minutes a night, shooting just 31.4 percent, not moving well and he had a PER of 8.6. He was not good. Look for coach Rick Adelman to really control how much run he gets.
Roy’s knees may just not be able to play NBA basketball any more, but he needed to give it one more shot he felt. This may well be that shot.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 5
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43