Dec 26, 2012, 10:26 AM EDT
The biggest problem with the Wizards recent moves at point guard is that it does not involve the name John Wall. Until it does, the Wizards are spinning their wheels, stuck in the mud with the worst offense in the NBA.
Washington did make some changes at point guard — Shaun Livingston is out (he’s in Cleveland) and Shelvin Mack and Garrett Temple are in, reports Ben Standig at CSNWashington.com. Mack had been with the Wizards in training camp.
For the 3-22 Wizards this is essentially re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. But as Standig notes, when you’re 3-22 you have to try something. And these guys may be an upgrade over what they had.
However, adding actual point guards or at least willing passers needed to be done. Since A.J. Price suffered a fractured hand four minutes into the Wizards Dec. 8 home loss against Golden State, the offense been increasingly erratic. Starting with the Golden State loss, Washington has dropped eight of nine including the last seven.
And they are losing because their offense is so bad. So why not try something new? But don’t expect a big change.
As for Wall, he is “ramping up” activity, doing things like running and cutting. But he is not practicing with teammates and there remains no timetable, Standig reports.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 14
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 16
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17