Dec 26, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
The team listed “personal reasons” for Gay’s absence, with no additional information being conveyed at the time.
Gay started the Grizzlies last game against the Rockets before the team had a few days off over Christmas. He scored just six points in 29 minutes during his team’s lopsided 121-96 loss at the hands of the Rockets.
Gay is the Grizzlies’ leading scorer, averaging 18.2 points, 5.9 rebounds, and 2.6 assists while playing 36.4 minutes per game.
Quincy Pondexter got the start in Gay’s absence.
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 0
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 9
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 18
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 7
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final