Dec 26, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
The team listed “personal reasons” for Gay’s absence, with no additional information being conveyed at the time.
Gay started the Grizzlies last game against the Rockets before the team had a few days off over Christmas. He scored just six points in 29 minutes during his team’s lopsided 121-96 loss at the hands of the Rockets.
Gay is the Grizzlies’ leading scorer, averaging 18.2 points, 5.9 rebounds, and 2.6 assists while playing 36.4 minutes per game.
Quincy Pondexter got the start in Gay’s absence.
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 15
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 66
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 45
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33