Dec 26, 2012, 8:57 PM EST
The team listed “personal reasons” for Gay’s absence, with no additional information being conveyed at the time.
Gay started the Grizzlies last game against the Rockets before the team had a few days off over Christmas. He scored just six points in 29 minutes during his team’s lopsided 121-96 loss at the hands of the Rockets.
Gay is the Grizzlies’ leading scorer, averaging 18.2 points, 5.9 rebounds, and 2.6 assists while playing 36.4 minutes per game.
Quincy Pondexter got the start in Gay’s absence.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12