Dec 26, 2012, 8:57 PM EST
The team listed “personal reasons” for Gay’s absence, with no additional information being conveyed at the time.
Gay started the Grizzlies last game against the Rockets before the team had a few days off over Christmas. He scored just six points in 29 minutes during his team’s lopsided 121-96 loss at the hands of the Rockets.
Gay is the Grizzlies’ leading scorer, averaging 18.2 points, 5.9 rebounds, and 2.6 assists while playing 36.4 minutes per game.
Quincy Pondexter got the start in Gay’s absence.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 6
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 7
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29