Dec 26, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
The team listed “personal reasons” for Gay’s absence, with no additional information being conveyed at the time.
Gay started the Grizzlies last game against the Rockets before the team had a few days off over Christmas. He scored just six points in 29 minutes during his team’s lopsided 121-96 loss at the hands of the Rockets.
Gay is the Grizzlies’ leading scorer, averaging 18.2 points, 5.9 rebounds, and 2.6 assists while playing 36.4 minutes per game.
Quincy Pondexter got the start in Gay’s absence.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18