Dec 26, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
The team listed “personal reasons” for Gay’s absence, with no additional information being conveyed at the time.
Gay started the Grizzlies last game against the Rockets before the team had a few days off over Christmas. He scored just six points in 29 minutes during his team’s lopsided 121-96 loss at the hands of the Rockets.
Gay is the Grizzlies’ leading scorer, averaging 18.2 points, 5.9 rebounds, and 2.6 assists while playing 36.4 minutes per game.
Quincy Pondexter got the start in Gay’s absence.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16