Dec 26, 2012, 6:27 PM EST
Dirk Nowitzki didn’t look too bad in his surprising return from the injured list on Saturday night, racking up eight points in his usual efficient manner.
What did look different is that he looked winded at points despite playing just 20 minutes.
Which means it’s not a shock he will come off the bench for his second game Wednesday, tweets Earl K. Sneed of Mavs.com.
All this is to be expected, he didn’t get to work out full speed coming back from knee surgery and so conditioning will be an issue for a while as he rounds back into shape and gets his feel for the game back. That said, the Mavs need him and his production back sooner rather than later so look for them to push him into the starting lineup and up his minutes as fast as they can.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)