Dec 26, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki didn’t look too bad in his surprising return from the injured list on Saturday night, racking up eight points in his usual efficient manner.
What did look different is that he looked winded at points despite playing just 20 minutes.
Which means it’s not a shock he will come off the bench for his second game Wednesday, tweets Earl K. Sneed of Mavs.com.
All this is to be expected, he didn’t get to work out full speed coming back from knee surgery and so conditioning will be an issue for a while as he rounds back into shape and gets his feel for the game back. That said, the Mavs need him and his production back sooner rather than later so look for them to push him into the starting lineup and up his minutes as fast as they can.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25