Dec 26, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki didn’t look too bad in his surprising return from the injured list on Saturday night, racking up eight points in his usual efficient manner.
What did look different is that he looked winded at points despite playing just 20 minutes.
Which means it’s not a shock he will come off the bench for his second game Wednesday, tweets Earl K. Sneed of Mavs.com.
All this is to be expected, he didn’t get to work out full speed coming back from knee surgery and so conditioning will be an issue for a while as he rounds back into shape and gets his feel for the game back. That said, the Mavs need him and his production back sooner rather than later so look for them to push him into the starting lineup and up his minutes as fast as they can.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 24
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29