Dec 26, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki didn’t look too bad in his surprising return from the injured list on Saturday night, racking up eight points in his usual efficient manner.
What did look different is that he looked winded at points despite playing just 20 minutes.
Which means it’s not a shock he will come off the bench for his second game Wednesday, tweets Earl K. Sneed of Mavs.com.
All this is to be expected, he didn’t get to work out full speed coming back from knee surgery and so conditioning will be an issue for a while as he rounds back into shape and gets his feel for the game back. That said, the Mavs need him and his production back sooner rather than later so look for them to push him into the starting lineup and up his minutes as fast as they can.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7