Dec 26, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki didn’t look too bad in his surprising return from the injured list on Saturday night, racking up eight points in his usual efficient manner.
What did look different is that he looked winded at points despite playing just 20 minutes.
Which means it’s not a shock he will come off the bench for his second game Wednesday, tweets Earl K. Sneed of Mavs.com.
All this is to be expected, he didn’t get to work out full speed coming back from knee surgery and so conditioning will be an issue for a while as he rounds back into shape and gets his feel for the game back. That said, the Mavs need him and his production back sooner rather than later so look for them to push him into the starting lineup and up his minutes as fast as they can.
- Report: Jeff Hornacek has agreed to terms with Suns to become their new head coach 6
- Heat/Pacers preview: Will the real Dwyane Wade please stand up? 12
- LeBron had two key late game turnovers, Jordan would never have… oh, yes he did (VIDEO) 49
- Gregg Popovich explains benching all five starters after sluggish start to Game 3 against the Grizzlies 11
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 7
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (101)
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni (62)
- Pacers broadcaster rips Miami Heat fans, calls them ‘losers’ for leaving Game 2 early (62)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 6
- LIVE: Pacers, Heat jockey for series lead
- MST: Kanaan wins 97th Indianapolis 500
- PBT: Will the real Dwyane Wade please stand up?
- PBT: Popovich pulls all the right strings in Game 3
- Golf: Weekley wins first title since 2008 at Colonial
- Roger Clemens still dogged by NY steroids case