Dec 26, 2012, 3:02 PM EST
But plenty of Lakers fans saw Derek Fisher ask out of the Dallas Mavericks and say, “we should totally pick him up, he could help us.” Which is absolutely not true, but you can understand Lakers fans soft spot for Fisher, so they look past his slipping play and terrible defense now.
But the Lakers see what he is now and they aren’t picking him or anyone up, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Lakers aren’t interested in opening a roster spot to acquire Derek Fisher, Kenyon Martin or any other free agent, a source told Y! Sports.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) December 26, 2012
The Lakers shouldn’t bring Fisher back — he is shooting a lower percentage (and the same from three) plus has a lower PER than Duhon. And he’s worse on defense. There Fisher some Lakers fans remember, a great point fit for the triangle, is as long gone as the Lakers chances of running the triangle this year. Plus, he is not exactly young and he is coming off a patellar tendon injury.
The Lakers may make a move, but they are going to go with this roster likely through the end of January at least, then make a call one way or the other.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5