Dec 26, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
But plenty of Lakers fans saw Derek Fisher ask out of the Dallas Mavericks and say, “we should totally pick him up, he could help us.” Which is absolutely not true, but you can understand Lakers fans soft spot for Fisher, so they look past his slipping play and terrible defense now.
But the Lakers see what he is now and they aren’t picking him or anyone up, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Lakers aren’t interested in opening a roster spot to acquire Derek Fisher, Kenyon Martin or any other free agent, a source told Y! Sports.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) December 26, 2012
The Lakers shouldn’t bring Fisher back — he is shooting a lower percentage (and the same from three) plus has a lower PER than Duhon. And he’s worse on defense. There Fisher some Lakers fans remember, a great point fit for the triangle, is as long gone as the Lakers chances of running the triangle this year. Plus, he is not exactly young and he is coming off a patellar tendon injury.
The Lakers may make a move, but they are going to go with this roster likely through the end of January at least, then make a call one way or the other.
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 0
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 3
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 11
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23