Dec 26, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
But plenty of Lakers fans saw Derek Fisher ask out of the Dallas Mavericks and say, “we should totally pick him up, he could help us.” Which is absolutely not true, but you can understand Lakers fans soft spot for Fisher, so they look past his slipping play and terrible defense now.
But the Lakers see what he is now and they aren’t picking him or anyone up, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Lakers aren’t interested in opening a roster spot to acquire Derek Fisher, Kenyon Martin or any other free agent, a source told Y! Sports.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) December 26, 2012
The Lakers shouldn’t bring Fisher back — he is shooting a lower percentage (and the same from three) plus has a lower PER than Duhon. And he’s worse on defense. There Fisher some Lakers fans remember, a great point fit for the triangle, is as long gone as the Lakers chances of running the triangle this year. Plus, he is not exactly young and he is coming off a patellar tendon injury.
The Lakers may make a move, but they are going to go with this roster likely through the end of January at least, then make a call one way or the other.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4