Dec 26, 2012, 4:52 PM EST
There’s a blizzard hitting Indiana and specifically the Indianapolis area hard right now — up to a foot of snow had fallen as of this writing in some areas with more to come, leading to a host of traffic accidents, roads closing, shopping malls closing (on one of the busiest days of the year) and now this:
The NBA has postponed the Pacers hosting the Bulls at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The game will be rescheduled for a future date yet to be set.
This is not the first time this has happened, not even this season — the Nets home opener in their new building, against the cross-town Knicks, was postponed due to the aftermath of hurricane Sandy.
What will be interesting is to see when it is rescheduled and what the teams will look like then. The Pacers are without leading scorer Danny Granger due to a knee issue, and the Bulls are still waiting for the return of MVP Derrick Rose from ACL surgery. If either one or both are back for the rescheduled game it would change the shape of it considerably.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)