Dec 26, 2012, 4:52 PM EST
There’s a blizzard hitting Indiana and specifically the Indianapolis area hard right now — up to a foot of snow had fallen as of this writing in some areas with more to come, leading to a host of traffic accidents, roads closing, shopping malls closing (on one of the busiest days of the year) and now this:
The NBA has postponed the Pacers hosting the Bulls at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The game will be rescheduled for a future date yet to be set.
This is not the first time this has happened, not even this season — the Nets home opener in their new building, against the cross-town Knicks, was postponed due to the aftermath of hurricane Sandy.
What will be interesting is to see when it is rescheduled and what the teams will look like then. The Pacers are without leading scorer Danny Granger due to a knee issue, and the Bulls are still waiting for the return of MVP Derrick Rose from ACL surgery. If either one or both are back for the rescheduled game it would change the shape of it considerably.
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 0
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 30
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 8