Dec 26, 2012, 4:52 PM EDT
There’s a blizzard hitting Indiana and specifically the Indianapolis area hard right now — up to a foot of snow had fallen as of this writing in some areas with more to come, leading to a host of traffic accidents, roads closing, shopping malls closing (on one of the busiest days of the year) and now this:
The NBA has postponed the Pacers hosting the Bulls at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The game will be rescheduled for a future date yet to be set.
This is not the first time this has happened, not even this season — the Nets home opener in their new building, against the cross-town Knicks, was postponed due to the aftermath of hurricane Sandy.
What will be interesting is to see when it is rescheduled and what the teams will look like then. The Pacers are without leading scorer Danny Granger due to a knee issue, and the Bulls are still waiting for the return of MVP Derrick Rose from ACL surgery. If either one or both are back for the rescheduled game it would change the shape of it considerably.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61