Dec 26, 2012, 4:52 PM EDT
There’s a blizzard hitting Indiana and specifically the Indianapolis area hard right now — up to a foot of snow had fallen as of this writing in some areas with more to come, leading to a host of traffic accidents, roads closing, shopping malls closing (on one of the busiest days of the year) and now this:
The NBA has postponed the Pacers hosting the Bulls at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The game will be rescheduled for a future date yet to be set.
This is not the first time this has happened, not even this season — the Nets home opener in their new building, against the cross-town Knicks, was postponed due to the aftermath of hurricane Sandy.
What will be interesting is to see when it is rescheduled and what the teams will look like then. The Pacers are without leading scorer Danny Granger due to a knee issue, and the Bulls are still waiting for the return of MVP Derrick Rose from ACL surgery. If either one or both are back for the rescheduled game it would change the shape of it considerably.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 0
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 7
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 4
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 34
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1