Dec 26, 2012, 4:52 PM EDT
There’s a blizzard hitting Indiana and specifically the Indianapolis area hard right now — up to a foot of snow had fallen as of this writing in some areas with more to come, leading to a host of traffic accidents, roads closing, shopping malls closing (on one of the busiest days of the year) and now this:
The NBA has postponed the Pacers hosting the Bulls at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The game will be rescheduled for a future date yet to be set.
This is not the first time this has happened, not even this season — the Nets home opener in their new building, against the cross-town Knicks, was postponed due to the aftermath of hurricane Sandy.
What will be interesting is to see when it is rescheduled and what the teams will look like then. The Pacers are without leading scorer Danny Granger due to a knee issue, and the Bulls are still waiting for the return of MVP Derrick Rose from ACL surgery. If either one or both are back for the rescheduled game it would change the shape of it considerably.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11