Dec 26, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
It was a frustrating night for Jordan Hamilton, and it’s going to cost him.
With 3:50 left in the fourth quarter of a game that had been decided long before (the Clippers blew out the Nuggets), Jordan Hamilton filled the wing then caught the bounce pass on the fast break and went to the hoop, where he was fouled. His momentum took him down a little isle near the baseline a couple rows into the crowd, and as he is walking back to the court he looks back over his shoulder — right in the direction of the camera for the nationally televised game — as said something your mother would not approve of to a Clippers’ fan. (If you want to figure out what he said, follow this link, but it’s about as NSFW as it gets.)
The league responded on Wednesday evening with a $25,000 fine for Hamilton.
The league does not take kindly to players cussing out fans. Even Clippers fans. Clearly the fact a camera and microphone caught it helped the league make up its mind.
But Hamilton has to know better. Fans can say some stupid and even hurtful things, but as a player you have to let it go. (Remember, they paid to see you, not the other way around.)
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 75
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12