Dec 26, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
It was a frustrating night for Jordan Hamilton, and it’s going to cost him.
With 3:50 left in the fourth quarter of a game that had been decided long before (the Clippers blew out the Nuggets), Jordan Hamilton filled the wing then caught the bounce pass on the fast break and went to the hoop, where he was fouled. His momentum took him down a little isle near the baseline a couple rows into the crowd, and as he is walking back to the court he looks back over his shoulder — right in the direction of the camera for the nationally televised game — as said something your mother would not approve of to a Clippers’ fan. (If you want to figure out what he said, follow this link, but it’s about as NSFW as it gets.)
The league responded on Wednesday evening with a $25,000 fine for Hamilton.
The league does not take kindly to players cussing out fans. Even Clippers fans. Clearly the fact a camera and microphone caught it helped the league make up its mind.
But Hamilton has to know better. Fans can say some stupid and even hurtful things, but as a player you have to let it go. (Remember, they paid to see you, not the other way around.)
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 0
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10