Dec 26, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
It was a frustrating night for Jordan Hamilton, and it’s going to cost him.
With 3:50 left in the fourth quarter of a game that had been decided long before (the Clippers blew out the Nuggets), Jordan Hamilton filled the wing then caught the bounce pass on the fast break and went to the hoop, where he was fouled. His momentum took him down a little isle near the baseline a couple rows into the crowd, and as he is walking back to the court he looks back over his shoulder — right in the direction of the camera for the nationally televised game — as said something your mother would not approve of to a Clippers’ fan. (If you want to figure out what he said, follow this link, but it’s about as NSFW as it gets.)
The league responded on Wednesday evening with a $25,000 fine for Hamilton.
The league does not take kindly to players cussing out fans. Even Clippers fans. Clearly the fact a camera and microphone caught it helped the league make up its mind.
But Hamilton has to know better. Fans can say some stupid and even hurtful things, but as a player you have to let it go. (Remember, they paid to see you, not the other way around.)
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 5
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 9
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 34
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 2
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 8
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PFT: Chad Johnson arrested for probation violation
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay