Dec 26, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
It was a frustrating night for Jordan Hamilton, and it’s going to cost him.
With 3:50 left in the fourth quarter of a game that had been decided long before (the Clippers blew out the Nuggets), Jordan Hamilton filled the wing then caught the bounce pass on the fast break and went to the hoop, where he was fouled. His momentum took him down a little isle near the baseline a couple rows into the crowd, and as he is walking back to the court he looks back over his shoulder — right in the direction of the camera for the nationally televised game — as said something your mother would not approve of to a Clippers’ fan. (If you want to figure out what he said, follow this link, but it’s about as NSFW as it gets.)
The league responded on Wednesday evening with a $25,000 fine for Hamilton.
The league does not take kindly to players cussing out fans. Even Clippers fans. Clearly the fact a camera and microphone caught it helped the league make up its mind.
But Hamilton has to know better. Fans can say some stupid and even hurtful things, but as a player you have to let it go. (Remember, they paid to see you, not the other way around.)
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4