Dec 26, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
Just when you thought the Nets offense couldn’t get any worse comes this news:
Deron Williams will be out for the Nets on Wednesday night due to a sore wrist, something first reported by Howard Beck of the New York Times. The Nets are in Milwaukee to take on the Bucks.
Expect C.J. Watson to get the start.
Williams was unimpressive on Christmas against Boston, scoring 10 points on 3-of-7 shooting with six assists. He hasn’t shot 50 percent or higher in a game since Dec. 4 and is shooting 38.8 percent on the season.
The Nets have struggled on offense their last 10 games, and they need a lot of offense to make up for a struggling defense. Williams has not provided the offensive leadership the Nets need this season.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61