Dec 26, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
Just when you thought the Nets offense couldn’t get any worse comes this news:
Deron Williams will be out for the Nets on Wednesday night due to a sore wrist, something first reported by Howard Beck of the New York Times. The Nets are in Milwaukee to take on the Bucks.
Expect C.J. Watson to get the start.
Williams was unimpressive on Christmas against Boston, scoring 10 points on 3-of-7 shooting with six assists. He hasn’t shot 50 percent or higher in a game since Dec. 4 and is shooting 38.8 percent on the season.
The Nets have struggled on offense their last 10 games, and they need a lot of offense to make up for a struggling defense. Williams has not provided the offensive leadership the Nets need this season.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38