Dec 26, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
Just when you thought the Nets offense couldn’t get any worse comes this news:
Deron Williams will be out for the Nets on Wednesday night due to a sore wrist, something first reported by Howard Beck of the New York Times. The Nets are in Milwaukee to take on the Bucks.
Expect C.J. Watson to get the start.
Williams was unimpressive on Christmas against Boston, scoring 10 points on 3-of-7 shooting with six assists. He hasn’t shot 50 percent or higher in a game since Dec. 4 and is shooting 38.8 percent on the season.
The Nets have struggled on offense their last 10 games, and they need a lot of offense to make up for a struggling defense. Williams has not provided the offensive leadership the Nets need this season.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 0
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14