Dec 26, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
Just when you thought the Nets offense couldn’t get any worse comes this news:
Deron Williams will be out for the Nets on Wednesday night due to a sore wrist, something first reported by Howard Beck of the New York Times. The Nets are in Milwaukee to take on the Bucks.
Expect C.J. Watson to get the start.
Williams was unimpressive on Christmas against Boston, scoring 10 points on 3-of-7 shooting with six assists. He hasn’t shot 50 percent or higher in a game since Dec. 4 and is shooting 38.8 percent on the season.
The Nets have struggled on offense their last 10 games, and they need a lot of offense to make up for a struggling defense. Williams has not provided the offensive leadership the Nets need this season.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4