Dec 26, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
Just when you thought the Nets offense couldn’t get any worse comes this news:
Deron Williams will be out for the Nets on Wednesday night due to a sore wrist, something first reported by Howard Beck of the New York Times. The Nets are in Milwaukee to take on the Bucks.
Expect C.J. Watson to get the start.
Williams was unimpressive on Christmas against Boston, scoring 10 points on 3-of-7 shooting with six assists. He hasn’t shot 50 percent or higher in a game since Dec. 4 and is shooting 38.8 percent on the season.
The Nets have struggled on offense their last 10 games, and they need a lot of offense to make up for a struggling defense. Williams has not provided the offensive leadership the Nets need this season.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47